How to bite your tongue while on the phone

I really really can't stand my fiance's family- well actually it's only two people in his family. But these two people live with him and are always into our business. I'm really frustrated with his mother because I feel that maybe she's putting me down because I'm not the same nationality as him. My fiance was suppose to come online to chat-we're long distance at the moment but he never did. I think he's probably angry at me but I told him I thought his mother had some control issues- among other stuff. And no doubt he told his mother this and she might have said more bad stuff about me. I want to fix things with my fiance over the phone but I keep thinking that I'm just going to lose it and go nuts over anything related to his family. Like when he suggested me talking with his mother or sister while he was at work- I tried to nicely say no thanks because I'm not interested but ended up saying they don't do anything all day long- boring people. Eeek, I know but they frustrated me so much, how do I bite my tongue without going crazy?
It sounds like this is a real issue for you. Remember one thing is that when you get married you also end up in a round about way marring their family. So it would be better not to antaganize his family. I don't mean that you have to bow down to them either. That has got to be stressful for your fiance to have to listen to you critize his family and especially saying that about his mom. Even if she is controlling you are skating onto some pretty hairy territory and it could cause a rift between you two. Have you tried to spend some time with his mom. Get to know her. You might like her. You never know if you haven't at least reached out the olive branch. And if you try your fiance will be more open to how you feel.
I spent one day with the mother- she introduced me to other members of his family. I had a drink with them. But the idea of sewing and smoking cigs which is basically what she does on a daily basis- it's not really my thing. She doesn't leave the house much. She laughed at me one time because I cooked him breakfast instead of her and accused me of having an eating disorder after the 4th day of meeting me :(