The Ten Commandments of Mother Earth...

Storm Clouds Gathering - Picture of a tree silhouetted against storm clouds gathering
Australia
I. Thou shalt love and honour the Earth for it blesses thy life and governs thy survival. II. Thou shalt keep each day sacred to the Earth and celebrate the turning of its seasons. III. Thou shalt not hold thyself above other living things nor drive them to extinction. IV. Thou shalt give thanks for thy food, to the creatures and plants that nourish thee. V. Thou shalt educate thy offspring for multitudes of people are a blessing unto the Earth when we live in harmony. VI. Thou shall not kill, nor waste Earth's riches upon weapons of war. VII. Thou shalt not pursue profit at the Earth's expense but strive to restore its damaged majesty. VIII. Thou shalt not hide from thyself or others the consequences of thy actions upon the Earth. IX. Thou shalt not steal from future generations by impoverishing or poisoning the Earth. X. Thou shalt consume material goods in moderation so all may share the Earth's bounty. I think this makes perfect sense. How about you? Love to hear everyone's take on this...
@maribel1218 (3085)
I love the commandment and if only all individuals will fully understand and carry this commandment to thier everyday living then I think mother earth will be greener as ever be. But that was not the case more innovation, more technologies can lead to more pollution and more drastic harm to our environment. If we don't do something to change how we deal with mother earth there is certain possibility that we are facing a great concequence as a result of our negligence to treasure and care on our only planet.
Maribel, I completely agree with you, well said and thanks very much for your great response! lol
@FrancyDafne (2048)
I agree with you, dear feralwoman, I'm a Pagan person, so I love Nature, to me Nature is a Divinity that we have to respect. Turning of seasons are the basis of everything, in this period in my country (Italia) seasons are getting warmer and this Winter was not cold at all, we had not the snow like the last years and even if it's good not to have days too cold, it's very sad because human being is changing the climate, and this is against Nature. In the materialist society in which we live this decalogue is very important, too me I published a decalogue in a discussion of mine.
Hello there! I'm a Wiccan and I love nature too and also believe, like you that it is something that we have to respect, as well as animals. The weather here in Australia has completely gone to pot. We are in a drought and have severe water restrictions. To me it's sad that humans are destroying the planet. I pity future generations. Thank you so much for responding and your great comments. lol
Wow.... a Wiccan in Australia.... how great.... I'm very happy you appreciated my comment, thank you for marking it as the "best response".
You're more than welcome! lol
@grayangel (274)
I like them here are mine: Ten Indian Commadments: 1.)Treat the earth and all that dewll thereon with respect. 2.)Remain close to the Great Spirit. 3.)Show great respect for your fellow beings. 4.)Work together for the benfit of mankind 5.)Give assistance were ever it is needed. 6.)Do what you know to be right 7.)Look after the well being of mind and body. 8.)Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good. 9.)Be trueful at all times. 10.)Take full responiblity for your actions.
I like No 5. No one seems to help others anymore. A great set of guidelines to live by. Thanks for responding grayangel. lol
I try to live by 1,3,5 and 10.
Hi there, thanks for your comments.
@Woodpigeon (3710)
I vastly prefer this set of ten commandment to the other set. Thanks for sharing these, I only wish more people would take it to heart.
Thanks Woodpigeon, perhaps if more people did take it to heart the world might be a better place. Thanks for responding. LOL
@Darkwing (21588)
I recognise this, Feralwoman, as I am Wiccan... Seax-Wiccan to be precise. I think it's a wonderful creed to follow, as I love to be at one with nature. I particularly like number VII but each holds its own message, and what a peaceful, flourishing planet we would have, if only everybody took note of this. Thank you for sharing this with us my friend. Brightest Blessings, in love and in light.
Hello Darkwing. I love to be at one with nature too, it's a truly fascinating thing. I am Wiccan too - and I posted this not just because I am Wiccan, but to make people think about our planet and the harm we are doing to it. Thank you so much for responding. Brightest Blessings lol
I love this. We should all learn live with this commandments. Hope to see a much better EARTH on the future.
Thanks for responding! lol