what are your favorite spices or spice blends to use

@Modestah (11195)
What seasonings do you find you reach for the most often? Do you buy premade blends or do you tend to buy singular herbs and spices to create your own special flavor blends? I guess most often I would have to say I grab the sea salt and black pepper. Lately I have really taken to crushed/ground red or cayenne pepper (powder form) it adds a nice kick. One blend I find absolutely delicious is Morton's Hot Salt, it gives a good burn without being overly salty, and on egg dishes it adds an impression of sausage flavoring. mmm, it is SO good on egg and cheese dishes.
@bkfuels (1606)
Lawry seasoning salt - Lawry seasoning salt containers.
One of the seasonings that I like to use in everything is seasoning salt. But I only buy Lawrys it is the best. No other compares to this. I also love to use a lot of oregano, and pepper corns.
@Modestah (11195)
we grew up on Lawrys, you are right - it is very good! my brother used a ton of the stuff, especially on popcorn. Thank you for the memory!
@Leykon (438)
I guess I would have to say Pepper and sea salt,and Cinnamon,Cloves I use some garlic,dill,I don't use a lot of spices and not much salt.
For me when I'm cooking the spices I reach for the most are garlic powder, oregano, and italian seasoning. If its fries then seasoning salt, and if its something that I want to give a "kick" too then I use Tex Mex. Overall I'd say Tex Mex and garlic powder are the 2 I use the most! I like my food to have a kick!
@sasklily (240)
I seem to use a lot of Hy's Seasoning salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper. And I'm a sweet basil nut. I try to use it in everything but baking! I've never tried the sea salt or Morton's hot salt so I'm going to look for it to try. Being a smoker, I have to be careful not to add too much for everybody else's taste.