So you think you are a _______ (Insert Religious or non-religious affiliation)?

Until you make this question personal you don't see how outraged a person can be by having their dignigty stripped and how this question humiliates a person. The person who can ask such a question is beyond arrogant, so yea... let me have your wrath because I am asking the question of you... But this is a very serious question, it cuts to the core of a person's belief and steals it away if the following comment is made. "You're a Liar!" Talk about 1 single right, the most important right of all, a personal freedom. "So you think you are a Christian? You're a liar!" - Judge Lawrence A. Brown Just a minor point that if this was to be quoted in any court room it certainly could not be quoted in an American court room, it would be unconstitutional. The judge would be in violation of the United States Constitution. Now if you said this was heard in any other court room, say one of the Middle East countries, under Shria law, well then it would be more acceptable? "So you think you are a Muslim? You're a Liar!" It is just as vile, no person or judge has the right to determine if any other person is a Christian or Muslim or even an Athiest. We can not know that about each other. A person can claim one thing and actually be different in their heart, only GOD would actually know who is a follower and believer. It is clear that a lot of false teachers have made their way to high places with in the government structure of the world. These people in high places must be brought down to make the world a better place. In order to create peace we need to help others tell the truth. Our leaders need to be made accountable for their actions and must be responsible to act morally to make the world a better place. Morality and Ethics We begin at home...
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I would be interested to know the context of this judge's comment, just to satisfy my own curiousity. Do you have a link you could post to a news article or anything? I agree with you wholeheartedly that no one has the right to tell anyone else whether they can claim a religion or not. There are people within my religion that I wonder about where they got their information, but I would never ever feel I had the right to say such words as this to them. There is no way for any of us to know what is in another's heart. It is between each person and their own God or Gods, and we cannot be the judges of that.
Hi Lecanis, I have a link in my profile that will take you to a court transcript. I have to tell you that the quote was ommitted from the actual transcript, but the quote is factual and can be made known as an exact quote where I inserted it into the information provided by the link in my profile. It is a bit of a long read, but you are given everything to back up every detail that I've written about this incident. I was railroaded in the local judicial system and when I went to file a federal complaint it was dismissed based upon my financial statement, they didn't clarify if I made too much money or too little. I believe my complaint has merrit based on the facts that I've provided by their own false testimony. I listen to a Radio station in the morning that does a commentary on dumb criminals... I think we can add the lying detective Randy S. Floyd and anyone that supports or covers up his lies to their list. Please write back if you have any questions about what you are reading... If you are reading my story. Thank you for asking
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Wow, that's pretty insane. Obviously I can only get your side of the story here about what really happened, but this whole situation does sound pretty absurd. And I can't believe that no one else involved in this whole mess got in any trouble. As for what the judge said, it was completely inappropriate. I believe there should be serious repercussions when this type of things happens. No judge like this should be allowed to continue in their position. Even had the charges been legit (I'm not saying they were, but hypothetically) it would still be wrong for a judge to say this type of thing. The government simply has no business telling an individual what they do or don't believe, and in this case the government's will was being represented by this judge. Grrr. I can understand your disgust here.
Thank you for reading Lecanis... When people finally look through and take the time to read I always get the same reaction as yours. I'm glad that you understand. As for being my side of the story, it is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You can follow my timeline of events from the people I tried to contact and all the bad things that happened as a result of the injustice in the court room. I lost my Mennonite Church membership while the lying detective I believe is still a member of his Mennonite Church. When my membership was revoked, my motorcycle was sabotaged while I was in the Church office. The Dominoes cascaded from one lie to another. You only scratched the surface, and no one involved from the judicial system to the police and the mental health people, the Church leaders the whole system failed. The Christians would try to hide from the fact that this happened and the Church was actually involved. It is just history repeating itself over and over again. Now if I can avoid the crucifixion. I've already been tortured. Now to fix the problem so that no one else goes through what I've been put through. I know other people that have suffered just like I have suffered.
Great White Buffalo, Only since the wording is so strong in this post, I am going to go to your link prior to posting my response. I am almost certain that I agree with you; but need to be truly assured that I am not writing something that counteracts what my belief system is ~Donna
After 35 minutes of reading, I must say how sorry I am to hear of your mistreatment. Even more so I am sorry to hear that you were mistreated as a Christian in a Court of Law that forces everyone, even those who are not Christians, to lay their hands on a Bible and swear to a God that they may or may not believe in, that they are telling the truth. I applaud you for standing up for what your religious beliefs are and think it still would not be too late to contact the ACLU. ~Donna
Hi Donna, I got off of work a little while ago, in reading through the posts that I've responded to you might know that I watched the Lost tomb of Jesus last night and the interviews with Ted Koppel afterwards. I have to tell you that I really have something to write about. As for the people I contacted about the abuse I suffered, I've been in contact with: I started off with the District Attorneys Office, the day I hired my lawyer I spoke with District Attorney in charge of public complaints 'Richard' Marsh. I was assured that if going through the County Court process that if I complained about the detective lying, they would pull the transcript and if they could prove that the detective lied they would prosecute the detective for lying. I found out four days later that the detective lied in another court room where he was reprimanded by a judge in that case with a written reprimand placed into the file because the judge caught the detective lying in that case. Can you say repeat offender unprosecuted? I also contacted: The Center for Constitutional Rights of NYC... The ACLU Lowenthaw and Abrahams the lawfirm that recomended me to Bruce Hoffman The Bar association for reporting inappropriate behavior of lawyers. The Judicial Review Board for the conduct of the Judge Lawrence A. Brown My County Representatives, Mike Fitzpatrick and Candidate John Noriavis The Montgomery County Representative. Greensward I've contacted Arlen Spector recently I'm a member of Pennsylvania Clean Sweep I contacted the Local police chiefs, the State police and the FBI... I contacted the Christian Radio Station that aired the Lowenthal and Abrahams Law services commercial. As well as the programs that would allow me to contact: Dr. James Dobson, Steve Brown, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, The "boy's", Jay Sukklow (SP?) and Marty Moss-Coane. When my lawyer Bruce Hoffman quit the case, I talked to the Lawyer Referral service and tried to hire a lawyer through them, the Lawyer that screened my case looked me straight in the eyes and told me that what I claimed I suffered through didn't actually happen becuase, "their are safety's built into the system to prevent things like this from happening." - Scott Feldman As a result I filed my own complaints and sought to do as much as any citizen can to correct the wrongs that are and continued to happen. I've had so much contact with people that just couldn't care less about what is wrong in our society that it makes me sick to think about all of the ignorance and disdainful behaviors of people that are on the public and proffesional payroll. Mind you some of the people that I've listed do care and do get it, they just can't do anything to help, if they get personally involved in my situation they would be obligated to get involved in everyone's situation. But then again; aren't we all obligated? I was just watching Seventh Heaven what an appropriate show for this conversation. I still have that other post to write. Thank you for asking. And this still only scratches the surface of all that I've been put through as a result of the detective and his lies.
@Thomas73 (1467)
"just before the judge asks about the amount of the maximum penalty for this fine, the judge asked or proclaimed in a very odd manner. The judge said, 'So you think you are a Christian? Well, you are a liar!' To which I responded, 'Excuse me?' and the judge recanted, 'You are a liar!'" My reaction to that is a big "WTF???" What has a judge to do with your religion, and how can he judge it. He's there to examine facts and base his judgement on them to the best of his abilities. The man you describe as a 'judge' seems to me like a walking joke -- and not a very funny one at that! What the bloody hell's wrong in this world?
Good morning Thomas, You're very right that there is something wrong in this world and it is centered around religion. I'm posting a link to this conversation on the Discorvery Channel conversation to try to get the religious zealots to see what they have done in their world in the name of their god. I hope that LINGAL reads this post and searches for the source of these comments and finally learns to know the truth when she reads it. We all have to choose if we are going to follow the teachings of Satan and send everyone to hell or the teachings of a good pure and holy GOD and give everyone eternal life. No this was not funny! The humiliation and embarassment that followed was even worse, you have yet to know the whole truth. What did the Church do to me? Thank You for reading.
@Thomas73 (1467)
Let me paraphrase you: We all have to choose if we are going to follow the teachings of Satan and gain further knowledge, or the teachings of God and give everyone a dull, narrow-minded life. Don't worry, I don't believe in either of those two characters, although mythologically-speaking I have a certain "sympathy for the Devil". ;)
Ah, you made me laugh again, Sympathy for the Devil by Who "All good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way..." I love music.
you stated " no person or judge has the right to determine if any other person is a Christian or Muslim or even an Athiest. We can not know that "nor have you the right to call anyone a liar!If I state I am a Christian then you must take me at my word ,for we know that Christians are not perfect but thanks be to God we are forgiven!I ask God every day to prrotect me from the curse of shira law!
I have the right to call a liar a liar! I have the right to call the Bible a book filled with lies and contradictions and curses and evil. Now if you meant that a Judge making the comment that he made, "So you think you are a Christian? You're a liar!" as an offense to his duty and our Constitution and see that I am honest in calling the Lying detective a liar and the judge is wrong for calling me a liar based on his perception of my faith. I'll be glad to forgive you for your error. If you think that you only have to go to GOD to be forgiven then you obviously don't really understand what the Bible teaches. Forgive us as we forgive others, how do you forgive others? See Revdauphinee you are now at your crossroad and you have to choose, do you know the truth? Maybe you should read the post above, and follow the words searching for the truth and know. I wouldn't want you to be seperated from the real love of GOD and others, and I'm sorry you feel that the Muslim shria law is a curse to you, a good person has nothing to fear. Are you telling us that you can't be a good person?