Paypal

I was notified by Paypal that they can't use my bank account, due to being cancelled???!!!! I called my bank and asked them what the problem was. All I had to do was go sign a piece of paper because I haven't used the account in over 60 days. (savings) Well I contacted Paypal again, but now they won't let me use the account.. They told me that I have to open a new bank account in order for me to add a bank to my Paypal account. Have any of you ever heard of this??? What am I supposed to do?? I think that it would dumb to open another bank account, I've had mine for 7 years!!!
@sj_chaudhry (1537)
this is soo awful and i never heared this before. hhmm int his condition in order to keep your paypal account live and to get your money from mylot kinda site you should open another account at abnk so that you will trnasfer your money int hat account..i think there si no harm in open another account... beside new one you can manage your existing account as per routine. rest is depend on your's own requirement.
Thank you for responding. I'm going to see if they will except a bank statement as proof that the account exists, and that the account is active. If they won't accept that, I will have no choice but to open another account.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Wow that would be frustrating. I work at a bank, and I know my bank also marks accounts inactive after a time and then there are procedures that have to be followed to make the account active again, but I've never heard of paypal telling you that you can't use your bank account there before of it. If it were me I would probably try to get a document from the bank verifying that the account is active and open, belongs to you, and can be used, and then see if paypal will let you fax or send it to them. If they won't accept that, then I suppose you have no choice but to open a new account just for paypal use. I don't know about your bank, but most banks do have some accounts that are free, and so it might not be too big a deal to open a new one. Just make sure that you use it occasionally, just to make sure it stays active.
I think maybe I will try to get a statement, and see if Paypal will accept that. I thought it was stupid. I can understand having to go to the bank to reactivate my account, but for Paypal to not let me use my bank anymore is uncalled for. Thank you for responding to my questions.