If you won a spot on the next shuttle to the space station, would you go?

I have trouble flying on a plane. I hate being out of control and depending on someone else to get me where I am going. Unfortunately, I like to travel and flying is the best way to get where I am going. I think I can honestly say, that isfI won a trip on the next space shuttle, there is no way in Hell I would ever cash in on the trip. How about you?
@magikrose (5424)
If I ever won a contest to take a trip on the space shuttle I so be there. I think it would be awesom to seethe stars from a totally diffrent view and to be able to see earth frome the sky personally instead of from pictures would make it even more beautifull.
@MsTickle (24962)
In a word....NO. Up until about 10 years ago I had no trouble flying. Then, during an hour's flight I had the worst sinus blockage that left me feeling desparately ill. I'd travelled to spend a couple of days with my daughters but was too sick for anything the whole time I was there. Coming back wasn't so bad but I get terrible ear and sinus problems now every time I fly. None so painful and sickening as that other time but still dreadfully uncomfortable. I can think of many other reasons for not going, but I won't mention explosions or burn outs or things of that nature. Suffice to say that I'm a practicing coward.
BUT. You are certainly honest. So am I. There is no way in Hell I would get on that thing.
I wouldn't go. There are so many places here on earth that I would like to explore that are more exciting than a trip on the space shuttle. I'd rather to visit China or Africa before going on the space shuttle. Lloyd
It is funny that you ask this question because a few years ago I would have said yes without a doubt. However, I did Mission Space the ride at Epcot in Florida and was sick for hours, so now I would have to decline. Apparently, I am not meant to be an astronaut.
I'm terrified of heights and since 9/11 don't fly. Definitely not in good physical shape, but if I won a spot I'd be there tomorrow saying, "Let's go."