i'm sad

@syndibee (799)
i've started i think 6 discussions and have at most two responses, now i know some of my topics are unpopular and i don't expect alot of responses, but in this huge community i hoped for more than 2. i am glad that i got at least one response to all except the last, which the last is a new one so it doesn't count. how on earth do u get responses, lol i thought for sure a couple of them were thought provoking and interesting.
@mom_of_2 (399)
Well syndibee, I can't offer you any advice but I can share in your sadness ! I have read so many posts reminding us newbies to keep our discussions interesting...well obviously whats intresting to one isn't to another. I personally think people judge a discussion by 2 things...ones rating/star or lack of and by the headline. The logic behind that statement is the fact that I've read some pretty "fluffy" discussions that received over 30 posts...most of them from well established mlot users. The good news for me is, I'm not here because of the money...I just like talking to new people, and kill away some time. Good luck and hey...if you get the insight as to how to get responses, would you share that info with me ? LOL
@syndibee (799)
hehe i don't think i'll get any insight, hoping for luck at this point, or maybe pity lol. good news for me, i'm also here for the fun conversation from a varied group of individuals
@mom_of_2 (399)
Hi syndibee, Thank you for BR...I hope your getting more responses than you were getting when you originally posted this discussion. :)
@lonely_f16 (2147)
I do get low responses on some discussions but I just put in my mind that I can improve my discussions to be of more interest. I'm also happy though because even if I got onlyt one response, I was able to elicit even one. :) :) Hope this helps.
@syndibee (799)
thanx, every little bit of encouragement helps. i spend so much time reading and posting then a light bulb goes off in my head and i start a discussion and it seems the poor little light isn't fueled lol. one day i'll get 5 responses to a topic i begin. it's a goal i have set hehe
I mean even if I got only...sorry for the spelling mistake
To survive in the chaotic world of MyLot, it pays when you have the will to afloat despite the fact that you get low response from the discussions you've started. Take this tips: 1. Choose eye-catching and creative discussion titles. People choose topics which they find interesting and easy to relate to. Most commom of them is love, friendship and relationship. 2. Connectivity in Content. People respond to dicussions they can relate too. Most often, due to our efforts to make our discussion star-up long, we forget the people who will be reading it. Can they relate? Is it too long? or, is your thought disorganized? 3. Choose attractive pictures. Visual matters to every website ongoers. Believe me, people now read vertically. Thus, an effective discussion portrays a good combination of short and clear text with vivid and colorful picutes. 4. Don't forget to submit tags. Tags make it easier for the MyLot people to find discussions you've stared. As much as possible put any keywords that may relate to your topic. Correct Spelling is a must. Syndibee, these are the things I've learned about MyLot in a short time. Maybe you can add on some more tips to this? You can email me at d_ben2t@yahoo.com for more information.