What's The Most Valuable Gift You've Ever Been Given That touched Your Heart ?

After my daughter and her husband decided their family was complete with one boy and a girl she took all the baby clothes and helped many people less fortunate. She took very good care of the clothes and she saved plenty of the clothes for me. The clothes were sent to a lady who worked for months making a full size quilt for my bed. I recognized several pieces as clothes the children once wore. A note was included and it read: Grandma May the clothes that once warmed our bodies now warm yours. I was so amazed at how well made this quilt is and I will cherish it forever. I sleep very well with it on me !!!
@suscan (1955)
That is a great story. My son has a knack for great gifts. One year he gave me a mug that said working moms the eighth wonder of the world. I still treasure that mug.
These are the type of things Moms treasure forever, things from our kids, it's all about love. When the kids tell us they love us it's for real, and the gifts we get are so precious.
Wow! You should send your story to Chicken of the Soul books so they can probably publish it. I haven't received a gift yet that touched my heart. Usually, I'm the one sending thoughtful gifts. We donated clothes to the less fortunate, give money to organizations like the Red Cross, and gave food to the hungry. That's about it.
You know that's not a bad idea. You've got me thinking about it.
@bkfuels (1605)
This is such a sweet story. The best gift that I have gotten is just a simple card from my husband to say how much he loves me. He does this every now and then for no reason and it touches my heart.
That was so thoughtful of her! I think I would have cried! I use to live 3,000 miles away from my family and was not always able to celebrate the Yule with them so one year my mother sent me a scrap book that she had made for me. It had pictures of all the family including the ones who have passed on. I had a hard time looking at it because I couldn't stop crying! It is still my most precious possession!
Yes I can believe that, I know I did. It really is a beautiful well made quilt. It was made by a hauterite women
That is a very neat idea! I love it! I am always touched when my friends children give my pictures they have colored or rocks they have found. I think the most touching would be my friend's daughter wrapped up one of her toy lizards and gave it to me for my birthday, she knows I have a lizard, I was very touched that she choose to give it to me. She loves lizards too, so she must have really liked that toy, but she gave it to me. She is such a sweetie!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Awwwwwwww that is so lovely and a lovely Present The best I have had and that really touched my Heart was the very Card my Children made for me and it was a Mothers Day Card I really treasured it, I got upset when they went missing on one of the Moves but I can still see them in my Memory
Wow!! only 3 responses!! I can not believe that this post has only gotten 3 responses!! I thought this was a really great topic! Well, maybe my bringing it to the top again will help! Caio!