underarm hair

@jencai (3415)
why do i have them? i used to think that only man had underarm hair.. so y do i had? anyone to explain? it doesn't looks good for a girl like me..
Not so. Though usually men are the ones having them, there is a good number of ladies having them too. Though usually even if they have them, it would be a smaller quantity. I do agree that the common perception nowadays is that ladies shouldn't have underarm hair. So if it bothers you, then shave them off...
@jencai (3415)
yah, i shave them specially if i have to wear sleeveless, heehehheheh... but sometimes when i have to hurry, i forgot to shave them. so i had to hide them from other people.
Thanks for best response! :P
@jencai (3415)
You're welcome too!
@cassidy22 (2975)
Women have body hair, just less than men. The reason you don't think women have it is that most women in media aren't shown with underarm hair. But yes, we all have it. Society tells us we shouldn't have it at all - so we shave, wax, get electrolysis or laser hair removal. There are other societies where underarm hair on women is acceptable. But in more modern societies, we take great pains to remove it. I tend to get mine waxed on occassion, but the older I get the less I care. I rarely shave it because it itches as it grows back. And basically, I don't care what others think of me. It's natural body hair.
@jencai (3415)
I hope I could be like you, lol! I want to ignore this hair on my underarms. Thank's for joining my discussion!
@gharinder (2044)
well, we are mammals and all mammals do have hairs on their body, they especially helps to insulate the body, so irrespective of our gender, we will have hairs and also hormones have a role to play in it and therefore men have more hair's on their body. i agree they dosent look good on girls, not only on underarms, but girls also remove wax their arms and legs to look good.
@jencai (3415)
I guess so, thank's for responding!
@sarapooht (271)
Hi Jencai! I think that underarm hair is the protection of our underarm. Guys have very long underarm hair not like us girls, have shorter underarm hair. I really dont know why we have these hair. I really dont like them at all.
@jencai (3415)
Lol! So, you too have hair in your underarms? Mine is darker in color, that's why I am realy worried with it.
My wife have moustach and little bit beard. She used to shave and now using some hair removers. She have very thick hair in her legs also. She is doing waxing for that every month. So you have a very little problem So Its quite natural.
@jencai (3415)
Lol! I also have some of them in my legs, but I never removed it.
@micamyx (916)
Jencai honestly I have the same question! I usually shave my underarm hair specially when i have to wear sleeveless and there are times wherein i don't put cream that's why my skin is irritated. Now I'm suffering from a dark underarm! What should i do?
@jencai (3415)
Yeah, that was another problem in our underarm. Maybe we should consult some specialists. Thank's for responding!
@sahira (1072)
Maybe it's inheritance,girls too have hairs in underarms but not as many as to that boys,you shave everytime they grow longer.
@jencai (3415)
right. as i shave they spread easily... ohh my.. i don't know to remove them safely...