Do you have a piggy bank?

@mssnow (9493)
Do you have a place where you keep your spare change? I try to save my spare change when I have any. Then when I am down to my last dollar and need some extra change. Its always there to help me through that poor period. How about you? Do you have a piggy bank or do you just throw your change in a drawer or a box?
@xtina87 (303)
i have a kind of piggy bank that i throw all my pennys in, im using an empty 3litre bottle of smirnoff, its big and can fit all coins in except a £2 coin but i spend them anywho
@mssnow (9493)
Wow, that is a nice piggy bank :) Bet it holds a lot.
@davis123 (507)
yes but it not really a pigggy bank it like where i put spare change in a empty purse and it just stays there
@mssnow (9493)
You must have a lot by now then
Yes, I have my piggy Bank. Its really help me in some urgent time. Earlier I used to drop more money Now I mostly use banks. Only some penny get their place in the piggy bank.
@mssnow (9493)
every little bit counts. Even pennies
Yep. I have a little piggy bank. It's just a peanut jar. But it's clear so I can see how it grows. I use it when I need to do laundry or I am low on cash. When I was waitressing I had so much change all the time. Now I don't have as much as I used to.
@mssnow (9493)
Yup, spare change can save theday!! Peanut butter jars are nice to keep change in.
@Debs_place (10525)
I have a mini-milk can that I throw my change in at the end of the day. If you keep doing that, at the end of a year or so, it can turn into a substantial sum of money. We are going to Disney in the fall, that is going to be the mad money.
@mssnow (9493)
Yes nice thing to have. mad money lol. Just don't go too mad!!
@wolfie34 (26793)
I loved those little piggies as a child and I always had this pink china one which my nan bought me for my birthday, I put all my pocket money in it and raided it when I went to the sweet shop! Fond memories. Old habits die hard too, because even now although I do not have a piggy sadly I have a red tin post box which had biscuits in it, it's a lovely tin and I put all my odd change in there! I also collect 5 pence pieces and I have a separate jar which I am aiming to fill to the top.
@mssnow (9493)
wolfie, i would love to hear your accent. I can almost hear it here. Thats so cute :)
@byfaithonly (10716)
I don't have a "piggy bank" but I have 3 different places where I keep change. Dish in bedroom - emergancies or laundry Gallon jug by fish tank - pennies Strawberry jar - nickels and dimes for "Kid" emergancies such as needss/wants a pop from store or I forget to leave lunch money (doesn't happen now I'm working from home). One day he wanted McDonalds and took $5 in dimes to pay!
@mssnow (9493)
wow, thats nice you have three places.
@cjthedog64 (1553)
I use DS's piggy bank. He's only 14 months old, so I just put my extra $ in there. That way I know I'll always have money to buy him a little toy or a new book or something. Ususally I end up just spending my regular money on him, but then if I'm running short on grocery money or something, I'll use some of his. It all evens out in the long run.
@maribel1218 (3085)
Yes I have 3 of them in different sizes and different coin value. I really think piggy bank really helps specially when you are out of budget and needs a basic needs to purchase then you can't be afraid you have no penny for it because you save some portion in the piggy bank. Saving in a piggy bank is my hobby for nearly 18 years now.
@coolcatzz (1588)
Yup just letting it add up although there are a few times I've had to dip into it if my daughter comes home from school and needs a few bucks for a dance, pizza or milk. Or if some kid comes to the door selling something. But normally I just let it add up. My brother takes out 20.00 every morning and does what he needs to do. Maybe buy lunch, coffee, or milk on the way home and then the change from that 20.00 goes into a jug and then he starts fresh with a new 20.00 tomorrow. I think last time he rolled up his change he had over 2000.00 dollars. Great idea I think!
Hi! I used to have a piggy bank before (when I was still a kid), but with the advent of banks that cater to young people (like the Kiddie Savings Bank), my mom taught me how to deposit my money in the bank. I kinda miss having a piggy bank. I think that old habits are difficult to break. That's why I have resolved to myself that my piggy bank will be myLot. I think it works because I usually earn cents on my extra time and more than a dollar during the weekends when I have more time to spare. Hehe.
@dfinster (3535)
We have this huge plastic 5 gallon container that my daughter got that was filled with pretzels years ago. Whenever we have spare change we throw it in there. It's about half full and you're right, it helps get us through those times when money is a little tight.