Reactions when we hear, see or read something funny

@Anniedup (3652)
Richards Bay, South Africa
People react differently to what is funny. Is it because we can relate to the particular situation or joke. Is that why canned laughter doesn't work or at least irritate most people, what do you think?
• Saudi Arabia
This discussion you posted maybe short in length but deep in content. and so strange that it didn't have sufficient nr of responses. I am not sure if what i am going 2 say here answers your question but let us see: what's funny is something relative, that's why you may say something that is funny to me but to other no. There are factors behind that, and they might be the following: 1) The Culture. Some people don't laugh coz the joke might be culture-related if someone doesn't have a grasp of that particular culture, he won't laugh. When i say culture here, it could be a culture of a country or a culture of a town or a culture of an era or culture of whatever. 2) The type of comedy whether it is (low comedy) or (high comedy), Audience differ, some ppl are into slapstick comedy, some are into Satire comedy which is based on sarcasm whereas some are into comedy that is based on situations. 3) The third factor is what i call (my own expression, remember the post-egg effect?:D) this is what i call (The Dominant Angle) and it is simply how a person looks at a scene he saw or at a word he heard. Example: i see someone carrying many bags as he goes out of the mall, from one angle i may feel sorry 4 him coz he needs help, another angle i feel worried he may fall and get injured, another angle i see it funny coz he looks funny trying 2 keep those bags from falling so in this case one these angle surely will dominate my mind and i'll react accordingly if it the funny one i'll laugh if not then it'll be a different reaction. Sorry 4 making this lengthy. I love this discussion of yours. Thanx sweet Annie Thanx
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
Trust my friend deadraven to help me out with my embarrassment, I was so disappointed that none of my friends replied, but now you did. I thank you for the beautiful and intelligent manner in which you constructed, your view on different comedy, as well as the cultural difference, and there I differ from previous discussions like this, that just because it's comedy, it will fly over the cultural barrier, a very dangerous miss conception. Ok I'm not going to get so serious. You give me a sitcom or series on TV. that you think is funny then I will give you mine.
• Saudi Arabia
I very much thank you for rating my response as the best response, so not only am i honored participating in your discussion but i am also given the best response from you. Thank you. Regarding the TV series or sitcom that i like; my favourites are: Drew Carey, Seinfeld, Frasier. Hard to put them in order because i love all of them almost equally.
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
My pleasure, well I see our comedy taste is almost the same I watch all of them, and enjoy Who's line..... tremendously, one that I never miss is "Everybody Loves Raymond." They are such a "normal dysfunctional family"
@sunita64 (6474)
I simply feel amused when I read something funny, but my nephew starts laughing if he reads something funny, so when he laughs then we also read it as we are sure it must be something interesting.
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
Thx for your response