How do you keep patience?

@dpk262006 (54729)
Delhi, India
When some one provokes you or irritates you by his actions or gestures, how do you control yourself and how do you keep your patience under control, so as to not lose your cool.
@maumbi (2571)
Time is best answer for such things. Whenever you come across such situations don't make more mess if you are loosing your balance. Wait! Don't try to make your side clear at that time. Just stay calm, be alone for a while and leave your dearest to cool down. Try to in that persons roll while thinking and understand exactly where is problem and avoid those things. Somehow it should help you! It works with me sometimes!
@dpk262006 (54729)
Useful suggestion. Thanks for your response.
@shilpaum (1753)
Not always possible. But, when it is really needed I just "smile".
@dpk262006 (54729)
Shilpaum, Thanks. I agree with you that it is not always possible to control your patience on every occasion.
@cherriemae (3375)
I have lots of patience. Sometimes, if someone makes me so irritating, i must go away and argue with that person..Sometimes, we need to control our self so that theres no one to be hurt. But sometimes, if we cant really control our patients, just talk to the person, never give a bad reaction coz you dont know that person. Is it you or him will be hurt at the end.
@dpk262006 (54729)
Thanks very much for your response.
@nidahali (446)
• Pakistan
Well, for starters I try to ignore that person but if that doesn't work then I think happy thoughts ;) nah seriously it does sometimes works. Otherwise I just walk off.
@dpk262006 (54729)
Thanks for your response.