When selecting a Best Reponse.....

When selecting a Best Response to a discussion, I have discovered that I tend to have a pattern. I was going back through all my articles that I started to make sure I had selected a Best response to each one. Many of the articles, I had already done this and among them I noticed a pattern. First, I had always waited 5 days to a week before making the selection. Second, I always had selected a response that had some thought put into it. Third, I seem to have looked for responses that actually related to the original discussion. And Fourth, I tend to lean towards responses that get an emotional response from me such as a smile, a nod, a giggle, a frown, etc. When selecting your Best Responses, do you have a pattern that you tend to follow???
@tammyr (5956)
• Etowah, Tennessee
You could just pick me!=o}}}} I usually wait longer to give more the chance to add to the discussion. I have waited a month before. I will not pick if there are not good ones to choose from! I will wait to get one. I hate to see it given to the first one, 30 minutes after it is started.
If I just picked you, you would love it. LOL But even you, my friend, have to *earn* so to speak. I look for responses that are well written, informative or ones that give me a giggle or give me some to think about. Now that you know what I am watching for, I am sure you will be winning first prize all the time. LOL
@tammyr (5956)
• Etowah, Tennessee
'bout time you got around to replying! LOL ;-}
@Fishmomma (11504)
Many times I find it hard to pick a best response when several are great. I try to figure out what I wouldn't have thought about saying and select that one when there are several great choices. I always select a best response, as I'm glad people respond to my questions.
I understand very much. Several times, I wish I could have selected more than one Best Response. Maybe we should be able to pick a Runner-Up Response in those cases.
@072006 (1279)
Hey hi, welcome to mylot friend,well there is nothing like to wait fro selecting best response infact the reply which you find exact and best solution to your discussion you can mark it as a best,well keep on posting on those topics about which you know something,as here you can make money just by answering discussions on mylot, and starting new discussions too, infact you can boost your earning by uploading photos, so keep posting quality responses, keep searching good discussions about which you know something and can answer, strictly avoid one liner posts,best luck and happy earning!!!...cheers!!
@sechsey (1836)
I dont think i have a pattern or none that i can notice.:) I used to wait for two to three weeks before before i start choosing a best response to allow other people to post their own opinions about the topic. But lately, alot of my discussions have gained alot of replies in a matter of days that i feel prolonging it to a week or so isnt practical anymore. So, lately its only been 4 or 5days later that ebst response is already chosen. I do choose a best response though from someone who actually makes sense. I choose someone who was able to clearly shared his/her point of view whether or not he/she agreed with me in my stand with the discussion. And yes, if he/she is able to perk a bit of interest from me the way they responded to my discussion, thats additional points for being a best response.:)
@VotreAmie (3037)
I don't have a pattern when selecting the best answer. I go through my unresolved discussions when I have time and feel like it. I usually pick up the best answer as the one that answered best my question or if many wrote good answers then I would pick up the longest one. If they are about the same length then I pick up the one that has answered first lol Take care royal52gens.
@freesoul (3024)
• Egypt
I think how you are doing it is good :) I also wait for a week or sometimes more for slow discussions, many times a discussion with 2 or 3 responses can get active again, as for discussions with many responses it's sometimes very hard to choose one best response as you get many very good responses, I always appreciate something witty and clever or really helpful with info or another side of the matter, etc, I may favor someone on my friends list sometimes but only if there's no outstanding response and a few responses seems to be equally as good..
@pearl23 (243)
Thanks the information has been very helpful