self conflict!

@hirals (1738)
I wonder many times what is right and what is wrong. If we can give someone benefit of doubt why cant we give ourselves the same. Why are we so understanding when someone makes a mistake but are unable to forgive ourselves when we make the same mistake ?? please read this interesting quotes too :When fight begins within himself, a man's worth something. - Sir Frederick Browning The greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within. - Miguel De Cervantes It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others. - Sidney J. Harris A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most. On Other Peoples Expectations: The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me. - George Bernard Shaw
@chloe9013 (532)
I completely agree with the third quote specifically. I try not to be angry at myself when i make a mistake or have self confict. When i do i try to remind myself that it goes no good dwelling on it. I also try to look at myself forom the outside and ask "if i was a different person looking at myself, would i be angry at them?" And the answer is usually no.
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
i wish i could be just like you chloe9013. i hope i don't get angry at myself. but i really do when encountering failures. but i will try to look at it the way you do and maybe, i could be a better person then.
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
such a nice discussion and so hard to respond. haha. nice quotes by the way... made me think for a few seconds. i think it's so hard to forgive one's self. maybe we know the capacity of what we can do and how we can do things. and yet, we fail sometimes. and that is very frustrating. it's different when it's about forgiving others. usually, we say, it's alright and that it should be forgotten. it's easier to forgive others maybe because we feel compassion on them and we feel sorry for them. sad that we don't easily feel the same for ourselves. i do have a hard time forgiving myself, too. i know my strengths and still, i fail. that makes me feel bad about myself for days. and it's hard to accept defeat and failure. it takes sometime to forgive ourselves. the best thing is, there will be a time when we do forgive ourselves. i hope before we lose our sanity! haha!