Leave me alone!!!!!

Does it bother you when you have the flu, and your phone doesn't stop ringing? Or when people are constantly coming to your house when they know that you are sick? I hate it. I have had the flu now for a couple days. I answered my phone so many times yesterday, telling people to leave me alone for a coulpe days because I was sick. Well my fiances brother showed up about 10 minutes after calling. ALL because he forgot what I said on the phone. Now wasn't that stupid. Maybe it's just me, but I think that people need to show more respect...What do you think?
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
Oh I agree with you and that was a stupid reason why he came by. Your good though because if it was me, I would turn on the answering machine and when they knock on the door, I just lay there and let them knock and knock and knock some more.
Ya I would have done that too but he would have just kept banging on the door. I try not to get rude with people but sometimes I just cant help it. I was waiting on an important business call or I would've turned the ringer off. Thank for responding.
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
Thank you for the BR.
Your very welcome.
@ragmama (536)
Oh, I know just how you feel. Just wait till you're married, though, and if you have a child... I've been sick for the past two days myself, and there just hasn't been half a second's worth of peace today. If it's not the phone or the doorbell, it's the husband or the child. And you can't very well tell them to go away since they live here too...! Hope you feel better fast, and hope people leave you alone to recuperate. :)
@tinacaps (66)
I've had the same case before, so in my house when I'm sick, they already know the protocol, do not disturb. I really can't explain it but you're already feeling down and the last thing you'd want is people bothering you. My patience is very slim and very prone to irritation mainly because I just want to lie down and rest, that's it.
@hcromer (2712)
That drives me crazy too, just turn off your ringer, take some vitamins and go back to bed. I hope you feel better and people stop calling you!
@seamonkey (1981)
I agree! It's bad enough when they call on the phone because I can usually ignore that, but WHY do they feel the need to stop by? Don't they realize you might be lucky enough to have fallen asleep? I would never do that to someone.
This is something like the saying "Bad things happen all at once"? :P Sometimes I get something similar too. Well, just live with it. *wink*