Another Business Giving Away Jobs to Other Countries

I found out yesterday that Vonage has let go of their U.S. operators in favor of operators in the Philippines leaving several U.S. citizens without jobs. I don't know how you guys feel about that but I will not be using Vonage as a result. If companies start losing business because they use employees in other countries instead of our own citizens, then maybe they will reconsider what they are doing!
@Modestah (11192)
I suppose, it is their company they can hire whom they please, and the Philipines could probably use the job opportunities, however, I do feel that a company should be housed where its workers are housed. If they want their company run by Filipinos then by all means - they should have their headquarters there as well and their CEO should reside there etc etc. If they prefer to hire Indian persons, then they should relocate to India.
@rx4life (1932)
Sending our jobs away is always sad to me...I am all for a global economy and everyone doing well...but I think we forget that the more jobs that leave this country the more dependent we become on other countries...Soon we won't manufacture anything...we send all of those jobs away for cheaper labor.. and looking to improve the bottom line in corporate America...but where does it end? When do we realize that we need to be more self sufficient and less dependent...what will we be "warring" for next?...I would love to see this country take a stand for it's own "health"...We seem to have no problem trying to tell other countries how they should be run but I don't see us doing a very good job of protecting our own...I applaud you for boycotting Vonage...I believe that is the only way to send a message to them...I don't use them...but now wouldn't entertain the idea...Thanks for the info...that's what we should all do...share the information so we can each make informed decisions!!!!
Alas, someone who speaks some sense. I don't think the people in this country who haven't yet been affected by all of this outsourcing understand the damage it is doing to our country economically and what it can do overall in the long run. People are being very short-sighted.