how often do u shop for groceries??

groceries - major shopping job..
@Fishish (698)
i need to go every week, sometimes once in two weeks. i dont kow why, but i feel it is too frequent...maybe i am too disorganised and so cant keep track of what is required. does this happen with u also? do u shop methodically? how often do u collect groceries?
@Willowlady (10666)
We shop every two weeks when we are paid. We have a route through the store and hubby and I can watch the list and mark off what we get. We count the number of meals and shop according to that and they sales if there are any. So every two weeks we pack up and go to the store and buy what will get us through the next couple of weeks.
@ycswid (279)
I look through the grocery flyers on a weekly basis to see if there is a regularly purchased item on sale. This allows me to stock up on that item as needed. I keep a running list on my fridge of items I'm either out of or getting low on. (note- The best thing I've found for this is to attach a magnet to a post-it package. This will allow you to take the list off the top to take with you while another is there waiting for a new list.) If I need to go out to get a sale item I can pick up the low/out items at the same time. I purchased 8 liters of milk at a time for drinking/tea and making yogurt and replenish that as needed, usually it lasts the week. It does require organization to keep up with the groceries and not just run out when you are desperate for something. There are two things that have helped me with this. The first is weekly menu planning. I use either the weekly flyers or my current pantry/freezer to plan the menu for the week. This will give me my best bang for my buck. I also encourage you to keep a price book. This is a booklet of any type to record prices of regularly purchased items. I use my computer and an excel spreadsheet. This will help to keep you aware of prices and after some time you may notice a pattern in when items go on sale and be able to stock up until the next expected sale. Both of these help minimize the number of trips to the grocery store. I hope you find this suggestions helpful.
@Fishmomma (11465)
I shop once a week and make a list, which helps me with my budget. There are times that I'll make two trips in one week, if the store is out of the sale item and I really need it right away, as I get rain checks. Rain checks are great because you can get the product at the sale price, as my sales change every week.
My sister and I shop for groceries at least twice every month. Usually, that's after 1st and 15th of the month respectively. But there are also instances wherein we could shop in 2nd week or even on the 4th week especially if we ran out of foods and important things in our apartment. :)
@yvonne1968 (1065)
Me and the boyfriend go grocery shopping at least 2 times a week.We ususally go in the middle of the week like on wednesday and then again on the weekend. Sometimes we dont go during the week because there is enough food to last through the week. glad i was able to respond to your discussion. just curious if you got my friend request?
@ganwn071 (1117)
It is a weekly affair for the family and the kids love it. We will go for dinner on Friday evening and then head to the supermarket. We go for target shopping so as not to buy other uneccessary stuffs, that is we had prepare the list of things that we wanted to buy before heading to the supermarket and goes thru the round and spend about 30 minutes.
we usually get vegetables & meat on weekends or sometimes good for two weeks supply already . i'll also check that vegetables & fruits are always fresh or won't run for another week . before going to grocery store i will always clean or check my refrigerator what needs replenishments so that i won't miss anything in my list or buying which i still have enough .
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
We do our main groceriy shopping once a week. We check out where the good specials are, and try to buy most of what we need during the week at one go. But we sometimes stop to get vedgetables and fruit and yoghurt several more times a week. We live a three minute walk away from the store.
@sj_chaudhry (1538)
i go for grocerries twice a month and this is my routien and thankfully i never needed to go in between.