Taxes around the world

@susieq223 (3742)
Every year in the U.S., most people complete some complicated paperwork to pay taxes. I was wondering what other countries do. Do you pay taxes in your country? How are taxes collected? Do you think your taxes are too high? I'd really like to hear from anyone who doesn't live in the U.S. on this subject.
@greengal (4288)
I'm originally from India and we do pay our taxes there. The tax system is somewhat similar to the system followed here in the US, of course certain rules are different. We are required to file our taxes before the 31st of March which is the end of the financial year. Many a time the date is extended and people are given time till Sept to file their taxes. After taxes are filed and assessed refunds are made to those eligible. Here in the US most people do their own taxes online, but in India, everybody prefers to go through a Public Accountant or a Chartered Accountant (CA) The taxes vary according to the incomes and I do think they are high.
@susieq223 (3742)
Thanks for your reply! I guess not very many people are interested in a topic about taxes! Sounds like India has very similar tax collection to the U.S.