Does your cat eat strange things?

@tess1960 (2387)
My little baby has recently decided she likes eating ice. We buy crushed ice from Sonic. It is soooo good and last a long time because the bag is huge. One day my hubby dropped a small piece of crushed ice on the floor and our kitten went after it. She picked it up and ran to other side of kitchen and dropped it. She batted at it and licked it and then ate it. Now everytime she heres a soda pop can being opened she runs to the kitchen and patiently awaits her piece of ice. Today she batted it under the frige and could not get at it. She looked so sad as if to say, "What happened dad? Where did it go?" He gave her another piece. Sweet heart isn't he! How about you, does your cat eat strange or unusual things?
@LadyLeene (584)
My cats don't really eat strange things, but my aunt one had one that liked to bat ice cubes across the kitchen floor. Those were his favorite toys when he was a kitten.
@tess1960 (2387)
That's just what mine does but then she eats it. A one cat hockey team and they always win. HEE HEE Thanks for responding.
Tigger likes to play with ice cubes too! But he looks upon them as a toy. We refer to the ice cube as a puck and say he is quite good at playing hockey in the kitchen. Most of the time he just bats the ice cube around until it ends up under the referigerator. Like your cat he hears the freezer and comes running hoping an ice cube will fall on the floor him. As the name Tigger implies he is one super playful cat!
@aireanna18 (1914)
Let's see the strangest thing my cat Tigger has eaten? Hmmm, lets see. First of all, I have to say Tigger (my cat) totally believes in sharing of food. He will stick his nose right in a cup and start drinking especially if you have milk. The surprise was one day when he started drinking Kool-Aid. There was the day he totally decided to come over and start eating my Strawberry Pop-Tart. Tigger's philosophy with cereal is that we share the bowl. He will eat dry cereal right out of the bowl. We both see to like Cherios and Rice Krispies. His strangest fettish of late I would say is marshmellow's. The day I had them in a plastic cup he kept trying to get one out of the cup. He was so determined! Finally, he tried a new strategy called knock the cup on the floor - he is a total strategist! The other night I put marshelows on a paper plate and I kid you not he kept playing with them trying to grab one with his paws. He also licked quite a few. He was totally eating marshmallow. It really surpised me!