What term or phrase drives you completely mad?

@cyntrow (8524)
OK, I usually don't start such discussions, but another discussion brought this intense rage out in me and I had to splatter it all over mylot. My question is this: What term or phrase do you think is completely overused? A term that makes you want to throttle the next person who utters it; Mine this week is Peeps. I am not a peep. A peep is a marshmallow chick that you get on Easter or a chick sound. A peep is not a friggin person!!!!! I'll calm down now. Your turn.
@emeraldisle (13145)
I saw some in here that I did agree with. One that really bugs me that my niece and her generation say "That's so gay". They don't mean it in the homosexual way and they don't mean it as being happy either. They have created a whole new meaning for the word and it irritates me to no end. I've even heard it used in TV shows and it just bugs me.
@cyntrow (8524)
It rather bugs me too. To say the something is gay, is to say that is is lame or unworthy. When I say that something is gay, it could be deemed as derogatory, but anyone who knows me knows that it isn't. When I say that something is gay, I mean it is something that an effeminate homoseuxal male would do. For instance, I would tell my brother that something he does is "So Gay." and he will respond, in his best queer forest gump impersonation, "Gay is as gay does." and we have a laugh. But Darren knows I am not anti homosexual. He, infact, refers to me as the ultimate "fa* hag."
@BarBaraPrz (21327)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I *love* Peeps -- especially the purple ones ;o). But you're right, it is a stupid word. A phrase that still irks me is: at this point in time... why the extra verbiage? "At this point" or "At this time" is all that's necessary.
@cyntrow (8524)
They think the more words they use, the smarter they sound. LOL. Thanks for responding.
I hate it when people use the term "buddy". I am not a bud or buddy. Grrr. I don't get my panties tied in a knot over it, but it drives me nuts. My kids have called me buddy. I flip over that one.
How about "ya know what I mean?" Why do they ask me that question?
@cyntrow (8524)
Yeah. If I didn't "Know what you mean" I would certainly ask you to clarify. Personally, I hate "Hon." I live rather close to the city of Baltimore in Maryland and that is their pet name for everyone. "Hon." Most people don't know me well enough to call me hon.
@jillbeth (2711)
24/7. I WILL throttle the next person that uses it!
That was my close second. The worst part of the phrase even my 87 year old grandma said to me yesterday. I was floored, I thought great it is taking over the world :0
@cyntrow (8524)
Well, that's just plain lazy. When I was coming up we used to drag it out "24 hours a day seven days a week." I guess that was too much of a mouthful
LOL!!! The phrase that bothers me most when talking with others is "You know" I want to scream No I don't know if I knew then I wouldn't be talking to you about it because I would already know!! AHHHHHHH Thanks for the vent.
@cyntrow (8524)
You know, I just don't get it. LOLOL. Just kidding.
@fpd1955 (2075)
When someone is searching for something, finds it , then tells me it "was in the last place I looked". Duh...of course it was!!!!