Anyone care to shed some smoothie recipes???

I am considering making my breakfast with smoothies; I love Strawberries and usually eat a banana in the morning for my breakfast; If you can help me I would appreciate it.
@draconess (651)
A great breakfast smoothie: Handful of frozen strawberries or blueberries One banana (I freeze them and use the frozen banana chunks) A cup or two of orange juice A big scoop of plain or berry yogurt Soy, protein powder, or whatever you want to add for a more balanced meal. Just blend it all together, and you've got a yummy healthy snack! I sometimes sprinkle a scoop of granola on top after I make my smoothie, it's a bit more filling that way.
I want to thank you; I'm new here only been here a week today and appreciate you coming here to give me your repsonse. I want to make smoothies for breakfast and wanted a recipe to try; tell me, how do you get your star above your name, and have you tried pineapple juice as a substitute?
You get a star rating after 100 posts. I haven't tried pineapple juice, but I bet that would be a yummy substitute, especially for tropical flavoured smoothies!
@Woodpigeon (3710)
I suppose it is a common enough recipe, but I like to use 6 ounces of orange juice, 2 bananas, and some strawberries. Nectarines or peaches are also a great addtition. When I was younger and more energetic I also Ised to add a scoop of Amino Fuel. The addition helped me get to lunch time without feeling like I was starving!
Woodpigeon, I appreciate your input here; Amino Fuel huh? that is for bodybuilders?
@magnet (2087)
Berry Cream Smoothie 11/2 cups orange juice 1 lb of frozen berries such as blackberries,blueberries,raspberries 1 banana sliced and frozen slices of fresh strawberry to decorate Pour the orange juice into a food processor. Add half of the frozen berries and all the banana slices and process until smooth. Add the remaining berries and process it until it's smooth. Pour the mixture into a tall glass and decorate the rims with slices of fresh strawberry.
Although I haven't tried the recipes, I want to make a solid decision and thanks for your recipes ALL of you!! I really appreciate it.
@Zo0mZo0m (1357)
My homemade recipe for smoothie is 4-6 cubes of ice, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, fresh fruits such as peaches, grapes, oranges, etc. Then I add some pineapple juice and/or apple juice and I blend in the blender until smooth. This is a very delightful, soothing drink. Enjoy.
thanks for the recipe. I am looking forward to trying these recipes once I get a smoothie juicer.
@Willowlady (10666)
Silk Superberry Smoothie 1 cup Silk Vanilla, Plain, or Light (soymilk) 1 cup blueberry Silk soy yogurt 1 cup blueberries 1-2 teaspoons honey, to taste Blend until smooth! found this one on this site, you can pretty much put anything into the blender once you make a smoothie or two and you will have a great start to your day. I do not like to sweeten my smoothies, the fruit should do the trick. You also can be amazed at the different fruits that will go well together. Try to find the Ultimate Smoothie Book by Cherie Calbom Have fun and enjoy!!
Thanks so much for the input. I appreciate it.
I love smoothies. But mine were made for the taste, not necessarily the health benefits. I blend super-soft frozen yogurt with strawberry mango syrup, whole strawberries, peaches, and just a bit of dulce de leche sauce. It's creamy and sweet and fruity, so good.
@babyhar (1335)
I am always making smoothies around the house for me & my other half. I just find them to be rather delicious & they seem to always be so very filling & a perfect drink for one to have with there meal. I find each time I create a smoothie that I end up feeling so much more energized afterwards. I included a few smoothie recipes below that I tend to make quite often around the house. I hope if you try them you enjoy them as much as I do! . . Thanks for allowing me to share! xx "Strawberry Smoothie." Ingredients are as follows: - 1 cup of milk - 1 cup of frozen strawberries - 1/4 of a cup of sugar - 1 - 2 bananas (we use more usually) - 8 - 10 ice cubes Directions are as follows & are rather simple: - Put all ingredients together in a blender. And blend until smooth. Serve with a straw in a glass & ENJOY! "Strawberry Banana Smoothie." Ingredients are as follows: - 4 - 5 strawberries, frozen - 1 medium ripe banana, frozen - 1/4 of a cup of low fat vanilla yogurt - ice cubes - Cold water Directions are as follows: - First crush the ice cubes in a blender. Then add a few tablespoons of cold water. - Slice the frozen banana in to pieces. And then add the banana, along with the strawberries, & the yogurt in to a blender. - Then blend until smooth, & add a little water if it's to thick. Then serve this healthy smoothie! ENJOY! "Orange Banana Smoothie." Ingredients are as follows: - 2 ice cubes - 1 banana - 1 cup of orange juice - 1/2 of a cup of low fat yogurt Directions are as follows: - Combine all of the ingredients in a blender & blend until smooth. Serve & enjoy this natural, yet delicious smoothie for breakfast or serve with your dinner!