Superstitions

In Catholics, superstitions are somewhat not allowed or abiding the commandments of the Lord. Like for example those that are in the internet circulating right now...forward this or else you will have bad luck for the rest of your life or you won't have any boyfriend etc. etc. but the truth is it is just to keep us sending those things...chain letters and stuff especially those that are using the Lord's name in vain or using his name for that matter...we shouldn't believe on those things you know
Hi lonely In any religion the superstitions are not allowed or considerd good.But sperstitions vary according to which part of universe you live in or what religion you are of.It may happen sometime with the people and they considered that superstitions are right.The most forcefull factor to beleive superstitions is fear.Fear of your lovings,of getting failure etc.Thats why it still survive.
ok thanks :)
@jillbeth (2711)
Yes, the Bible says not to become involved in superstition and the occult. Too many Christians (not just Catholics) don't read their bible. I never believed a chain letter could bring you luck or curse you. But what I find truly offensive are the religious chain letters. The ones that have a nice Christian message, but then say that if you are not ashamed of Jesus you will pass the email on to friends. I am not ashamed, but I don't have to inundate my friends with emails to prove it!
thank you...its really true..I don't also understand why people have to use the name of the Lord for selfish reasons
@kathy77 (7488)
Superstition is not the devils work, so why are you saying this I have never heard of this in the bible, and certainly I do not send silly things only if they are nice, and I have never come across any that are taking the Lord name in vain.
I didn't say that it's the work of the devil...but it makes us believe on other else and not God. God is the sole reason for everything and not some superstitious belief. The fact that you believe on other things makes you stray from God. Now don't be too defensive if you're not doing it.