Senator Barack Obama

@bobmnu (8160)
Earlier this week there was a story out of Summerville,Mass. that Senator Obama finally paidhis back parking tickets and Auto Excise Tax, from when he was in Law School at Harvard. Some people are wondering why it took him so long to pay them. Is he doing it because he is running for President or as some people are speculating did he pay them because Senator Clinton's campaing organization find out and leak it to the press?
This incident has the Clintons written all over it. Both Bill and Hillary have a long history of this type of dirty tricks. As to the tickets and excise tax, while it is not a good idea, many people forget about or ignore parking tickets and college students on a tight budget more so than others. The exise tax sounds like a sales tax on the purchase of a car from a private individual rather than a dealer. Most people don't know about these taxes and usually don't pay them out of ignorance. As to ignorance, why didn't the Mass. Dept. of Motor Vehicles catch this and make him pay before they gave him his license plates? Obama's real mistake was in going to law school and working for a living. He should have just followed Bill and Hillary Clinton's lead and gone straight into politics where he would have had a car and chauffer supplied by the taxpayers and then he wouldn't have had to worry about things like exise taxes or parking tickets.
@bobmnu (8160)
i agree that this has the Clintons written all over it. I am remided on a Liberal Columnist that one wrote that he never voted for Clinton even thou he agreed with many of the thing Clinton said. Aftermuch thought and research he realized that for most of his life President Clinton never had to "kick the tires of a used Chevy or change a light bulb". the reason was that he had a house or apt furnished and a car and driver for most of his career. Much like many career politicians. They do not know how the average person lives. My daughter listened to a political aid complain about Martha Stewart and her claiming that all the parties she went to were business related. People who are not in the business world do not realize that everything you do is related to busienss. My father in law was an small town insurance agent and every event he went to he came back with one or more leads to follow up on. My son remembers once he took him out to lunch for helpinghi and his grandfatehr spent 2 hours at lunch and talked to the owner about insurance and later went back and wrote his policy.
Both reasons sound about right to me. More will come out. We know a lot about Hilary, but she seems to turn a deaf ear to what people say about her. She really does not care what people think. I think she believes most people are stupid. Obama is new in this arena. He is still trying to cover things. I know enough about him to..Just say no!
@bobmnu (8160)
If you depend upon the main street media you will know very little about Bill and Hillary Clinton. They are stars and can not be touched. The reports you hear are from alternative media and the internet. Look at the ABC movie "the Path to 9/11". Most ot the liberal media backed Clintons assertions that the report was bias.