24 ounces of milk

I had surgery last summer, and was on massive amounts of steroids both before and after the operation. I gained alot of weight. Most of it was water, but some of it was because the steroids just made me so hungry that I ate constantly. I saw a television commercial that drinking 24 ounces of milk every 24 hours would help you lose weight. It actually works! Since I started this, I've lost 8 pounds! Has anyone else been successful with this?
@hazydazy (783)
I have never heard of it. I really don't like milk, but if it works for you I will give it a try.
Well, I have now lost 13 pounds. It seems that the milk takes away the hunger craving, which for me is great. Because I love to snack.
@gewcew23 (8012)
Got Milk - I hope that this works.
I've seen this commercial too. I was wondering if it actually worked. I will have to try this. Thanks for the idea.
I've lost 13 pounds over about 2 months. I feel better, I've had back surgery, and since increasing my milk intake, I'm not having the back spasms that I was before as badly. I also have fingernails again! Let me know how you come out!
@byfaithonly (10716)
I've seen that comercial too but I can't stand to drink milk so haven't tried it. Long story but years ago I guzzled some "bad" milk - haven't been able to drink a glass since.
I understand totally. When I was pregnant with my son, I got deathly ill (morning sickness in the afternoon) after eating iceburg lettuce and tomato on a sandwich. I have not been able to eat either one since. Isn't that just too funny how we relate to things like that?
• Marion, Kansas
The calcium in low fat (not fat free) dairy products is supposed to help you stabilize your cravings. I know I eat healthier all around when I pay attention and get my dairy. I believe it can help lose weight. I just am not consistent enough to see the total proof. Don't you feel better since starting this as well. I know I do when I am focussed on that kind of a healthy choice.
Yes, I do feel better, and seem to have more energy. My fingernails are growing again! They aren't splitting like they had been. I can't help but believe it's the extra calcium!