Got a FULL TIME Job =D

@megs85 (3145)
Australia
Woohoo, Yeehah and all o that. I got a full time job as a management trainee (in which I'll complete a Business diploma starting with certificate 3 and 4)! Yay! I'm so excited. I start on Wednesday. They told me last night (Friday) and wanted me to start on Tuesday, as Monday is a public holiday, but I couldn't as I have to wait until tuesday to try and get my son into childcare. Ive already warned my partner that I'll probably bawl my eyes out on my first few days about leaving my son. He's such a mummy's boy, that I know socialising with other kids in child care is going ot be good for him, but I'm still going to miss him. A little while ago I said things were starting to look up for us. Now they are looking fine and dandy, touch wood. My other half is now subcontracting, which means he earns between 1000 and 4000 dollars a week clear. On this new job, my trainign wage starts at 550 a week clear. SO in comparison to the 650 we were bringing in between us all this time, woohoo i feel like a millionare. Now i know some people will laugh at our piddly incomes but frankly i dont car, i am more than happy with it. Its enough to eat, to pay rent, to pay bills, to clear up the last of our debt (which we arent behind in the repayments but hey might as well get rid of i and start clean) and start saving for a house deposit... YAY YAY YAY Okay ill shut up now, ive shared my happiness. Hope everyone else is having a great day. =)
@palina77 (1178)
Good Luck, you were in past had in problem with debt and hope by now you would be happy with your job but what about your kids and who will look after him if you stay 8 hours a day out from home? Would you keep baby siter or governess for him. Lastly have some sweet for us for your new job..lol
@msqtech (15226)
I think if she budgets and saves she will do well. the secret is to stay within a budget.
Applause - A round of applause, congratulations
YAY go you, congratulations and well done, you deserve this hun good luck
@megs85 (3145)
THANKS :D Phew, my brain has kicked into overdrive though, trying to organise evrything... I wish they had given me a little more notice, but hey, im not gonna complain... Im just rapt to finally have a job after the bazillion and tenth interview lol...
@mfpsassy (2827)
Congradulations it is always good to hear peoples lives are looking up.
@megs85 (3145)
I'm really excited, nervous and all these other emotions at the same time. Thanks for the congrats, Ive been for so many interviews lately, and this was the one I was the least confident about so it was a really good surprise. I am gonna miss chatting to people on here but working a 50 hour week I probably wont have time to come on at all, if I do it wont be much anyhow... in my spare time I will be preparing and freezing meals and making the most of my time with my son...
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey Megs :D Congrats on your new job :D here's to a wonderful new beginning +'s 2 U
@msqtech (15226)
Congratulations on becoming a valuable member of society.
@megs85 (3145)
Im a little confused... are you trying to say that stay at home mums arent valuable members of society?
@lafavorito (2970)
hi there! Congratulations on your job. I wish I could have one too but I'm afraid to leave our son in the hands of a babysitter all day, who knows what the sitter will do to my child while I'm away. There are very few childcare centers that offer all day services and they charge too much. I want to have a job too but I'm afraid for the wlefare of my son, maybe we could hire a babysitter and they'll stay with my mother-in-law while my husband and I are at work. Oh well. Good luck on your job.