Who is a good leader?

@12051976 (231)
Ghana
Leadership is a very big role to play in every society. Some say leaders are born others say leadership is imparted.What is your opinion and who will name as good leader?
@jean_rose (416)
I don't have an ideal human leader. We are all natural leaders in our own simple ways, only that we have different methods about how our leadership is implemented. For me, the best leader is one who uses both the heart and the mind well in balance.
I think both are true...some people really are natural born leaders, others work on themselves for many years, gaining self esteem, letting go of shyness or not being to judgemental. Who would be a good leader? That is a hard question for me to answer if we are talking about presidents and other politicians because so many put on their campaign face and then once the votes are tallied and they have won, they forget about the promises they made and the people who placed their trust in them by voting for them. In my personal life, it would have to be my mom & dad if they were still alive, although with the things they instilled in me throughout my life, they are still leading me. I have several friends that are good leaders, full of integrity and wanting to do what is best for mankind.
@12051976 (231)
• Ghana
Mummy this is just what is happening in our country. For me most politicians are not leaders, they are only money conscious. most of them don't have leadership qualities they are selfish.
That seems to be true in many countries. Ruled by the almighty dollar and who can make the most promises that they never intend to keep. Unfortunately, many elections in America have become popularity contests. You have Republicans attacking Democrats, Democrats attacking Republicans, right wing conservatives and the left wing liberals, constantly at odds with each other. How can we trust them to lead our country if they can't even sit down and have a civil conversation among themselves much of the time? Yet, they are the ones who present the bills/laws and policies, they are the ones who decide what we, the citizens get to vote on. These things should never be decided by what is right and what is left, they should be only be decided by what is right and what is wrong, what is best for the country as a whole. In any country, people need to put aside their differences and learn to work together. But this will not happen as long as greed and ego are what leads the way. I can remember as a child, my parents would argue at times, but then they would look at each other and say, why don't we meet in the middle and work this out together as a team and not against each other. Very wise words that have stuck in my memory. Sometimes it is the simplest concepts that are so hard to grasp because one or both parties refuse to give an inch. To me harmony is when people of differnet backgrounds and opinions find ways to work as a team for the better of mankind and not for their overblown egos. Which can run hand in hand with your discussion on arrogance. A good leader has to be humble, he/she has to know they are not all powerful and they have to be able to say, I need help, I can't nor do I want to do this alone. Do I think this is possible for all countries? Yes, I believe it is possible. Do I think it will ever happen? I fear that I will never see it in my lifetime.
@besthope44 (12145)
One who uplift the poor is true leader