Man burns genitals in Jack@ss stunt

@Debs_place (10525)
Okay, we have all heard of Jack@ss, and while I have not seen it myself, I am told there are warning about their stunts and one would think it would be teenage boys that would imitate them (and they do). Read about the exploits of a 20 yo and a 43 yo man who obviously are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257680,00.html Should this TV show continue to be broadcasts?Are these guys an arguement for birth control and/or prohibition. What about a future Darwin award?Don't over analyze..I want your initial impressions on this!!
@RealBored (125)
Well this further proves that some people can really get influenced by tv shows. This show should really be cancelled before more idiots perform these stunts that are only supposed to be performed by "professionals". Some people are just plain idiots and should learn that some people can actually do crazy stunts and not get injured or at least not much. I'm very happy that this happened so people can learn the consequences of these kinds of actions.
@Debs_place (10525)
DO you really think that people learn the consequences of their actions? I don't think so. But you are right about that first sentence. People are influenced.
unfortunately, no one can stop stupid people from doing stupid things they see on tv...
@Debs_place (10525)
But we really don't need to give them more ideas on stupid things to do.
@KrisNY (7592)
Jackas$ stunts are absolutley crazy! I have yet to see any of the movies--- I did hear this and I think its crazy! Do they know how many young impressionable kids watch this stuff??? I caught a couple of other stunts on tv and I was amazed at hoe DUMB the people were. Who really would do this sort of thing? I personally do not know anyone who would- Crazy!-- My first impression is Parents dont let your kids watch this type of thing! Sure they post a disclaimer-- Don't try this at home type of thing-- but when does that stop anyone?
@Debs_place (10525)
I think hte disclaimers are worthless, kids don't read them and they don't care. It just amazes me that people continue to be this stupid. I remember when a friend would not let her kid watch roadrunner cartoons, thought they were too violent, and now he watches Jack@ss and she thinks nothing of it. I think this is much worse then Roadrunner... I knew that it was a cartoon, kids see real people do it and want to imitate or boast they did it too.
@zen_flynx (106)
well i watch and like the show just to get a kick out of it. its a stupid show i know, the guy in the news article was drunk and stupid. i believe that every person should be responsible for his/her actions. if you know that doing this thing would hurt you, then why would you do it? its that simple. and for parents out there i do not recommend this show to kids.
@NatureBoy (493)
I just feel that some people do not have common sense. I don't come from a place where they air the show, but if its a cause for most dangerous accidents happening, think steps should be taken to contain the methods displayed in the show.
@Debs_place (10525)
Exactly. They have to do something to prevent people from being so stupid.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Unbelievable! Yes they have a disclaimer but they also make their stunts look so funny it's hard for some people to resist. I should send that article to my s/o's son. He's tried a few of these and thinks it's funny. For a while he had a video on myspace of him breaking the windshield out of a car...with his head. I really hate these shows and the movie. I had to sit through the movie once, and it was one time too many for me.
@webeishere (36353)
I have to admit I find this as well as the whole Jacka** stunts hilarious, yet ignorant as all get up. They also have on Direct TV somewhere in their mile of channels, shows from a few different countries along the same lines. Can't recall the name off hand. But in some of those countries they have to sneak around doing the stupid stunts as the laws would jail them for a long time. It's all this reality TV I say. Unreal. The news story show's good reasons to give up drinking. If I hadn't quit 16 years ago I'm afraid I may have been doing these stunts also. HAHAHA. Thank God I'm sober. Thanks for a great discussion also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@Debs_place (10525)
I am glad that you do stopped drinking, just one question how can something so self destructive be hilarious? It is kind of amazing that it appears to be a world wide phenomena..why is that? Do women enoy this type of programming or is it just men?
@webeishere (36353)
It's just human nature to laugh at someone elses mishaps. Tell me you don't snicker when you see someone trip? HAHAHA. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@Debs_place (10525)
No, I don't. I am more concerned with their safety and hope they did not get hurt. Usually the first thing out of my mouth is 'are you ok' SOmethings are funny, I remember my son running around the yard and throwing a ball to the dog. One time he threw the ball, and it came back and hit him in the forehead. It was a shiffle ball, I knew he was not hurt, we laughed. If it had been a lacrosse ball, it could have hurt him, I would not have laughed. I don't put pain on my list of amusing things...which is why I did not like Funniest home videos. People fall off horse, people laugh. No one ever considered the consequences. But this is worse...people are deliverately being stupid.
@icequeen (2843)
This is completely ridiculous. Shouldn't a 43 year old man know better than to do something so dangerous...They are both mental as far as I'm concerned...I'm sorry drunk or not...you should know better than to play with fire!
@Debs_place (10525)
Absolutely, as I said earlier, I hope those guys did not procreate. To pass on those genes would be an awful thing for the world. Playing with fire is one thing....setting yourself on fire..is well past dumb. I wonder if as well as medical treatment the guy had a psychiatric evaluation?
@Debs_place (10525)
Well I don't feel sorry for the guy I mean they to call the show jack@ss for a reason.
@Debs_place (10525)
I don't feel sorry for the either, what bothers me are the kids who really don't know better who try these stunts.
Oh boy, this is so sick!! A good young man ruined just like that!! My blood literally boils when I read this article!!!
@Debs_place (10525)
But the man is the one ultimately responsible. I find it appalling that this is the kind of garbage on TV, and that as a society we have not evolved past this.
Boycott that channel...
@crazynurse (7489)
Sadly we tend to forget just how impressionable our young kids and teens are. So what if we put a warning on the stunts advising not to try at home, our teens think, 'well they did it and lived to show it, so will I!' I personally do not like the Jackass TV show or movies....they are so damned silly and juvenile. Of course, my husband and kids find them hilarious. I see them as a bunch of grown men acting like drunk college boys...which always did turn me off!
@Debs_place (10525)
That is exactly right. It reminds me of the oxymoron...mature men. Or at what age does a man mature, no one knows, it is never happened. In the defense of some men, they do realize that it is an awful show and do not like it. Kids and teens are impressionable, they think that they will live forever and it can't happen to me. So they try these stunts. It bothers me that the show continues to be on the air and as a society, we have done nothing about it.
@brokentia (10396)
OK, I realize they they are charging the guy that put the lighter fluid on the other guy and lit him up in flames...and sad that they would do such a stupid act...I never liked Jack@$$...I have only seen a couple clips and found that it would just annoy the crap out of me. But of the guy that got burned said that he didn't want hos friend to get into trouble....AND he pulled his pants down willingly...why is the other guy being charged and worry about having to face 10 years in prison? The guy willingly pulled down his pants. He was stupid! But he willingly did it! I just think that people that do things like that are stupid. And Jack@$$ just encourages those that are stupid to try it. Maybe that is harsh for me to say...I am sorry. But who in their right mind would pull down their pants, have another guy pour lighter fluid on his area, and then light it???? Well, I guess the guy that get second degree burns on his member has learned his lesson! I bet he will never do a Jack@$$ stunt again!
@Debs_place (10525)
I agree with you 100%. I hope he learned his lesson, but most people would not need the lesson, by the time they are in their 20's they understand the word hot - most 2 year olds do too. I think they both should do time, it was joint stpidity.
@cjsmom (1423)
It is sad that people do these things and doubly so that we allow them to be broadcast. If enough people got together and sent petitions or participated in a stand-ins, so-to-speak at the stations that show these programs, then perhaps they would be taken off. Alas, there are too many people who think these antics are hilarious and for some reason enjoy watching others get hurt.
@Debs_place (10525)
I think we have to hit the sponsors of these programs, telling them that we will not buy their products as long as they continue to sponsor this type of programming. It is unfortunate that it has gone on this long.
@polachicago (19075)
I always question Adam as god creation. Woman will never to it. Why man has to always hazard his health and life? Those two are probably last in Darwin's evolution list....
@Debs_place (10525)
and I hope they don't procreate. One would hate to think of those genes being passed on to yet another generation.
@koikoikoi (1247)
Jack@ss - It can get deadly.
Well I think it should continue. I mean it's not their fault that the stupid people that watch it don't take the warnings seriously. Besides those guys in the show are professional jack@sses. LOL!
@sedel1027 (17855)
The person who burned himself was drunk and didn't get the idea off the TV show, he got it off of the movie. I am not even sure if the TV show airs anymore.
@Debs_place (10525)
It is still the same concept --- TV or movie...they engage in self-destructive behavior that many people try to mimic. This is dangerous.
@kyle930 (764)
It says at the begining of the show that they are under the supervision of trained profesinonals and that under no circumstances should anyone try the stunts. There is also a message that mtv doesnt want anyone to send in video of themselves doing these stunts. I dont think that they should stop airing the show though. People will do stupid stuff whether it is on or not.
@Debs_place (10525)
Well I think this show gives people more ideas on ways to be stupid. I don't think we need that. Our kids have enough bad influences and most teenagers are under the impression that they are invincible and nothing bad can or will happen to them. We don't need to encourage this kind of behavior.
@lullabell (436)
I have seen some of these shows, due to my oldest child insisting how funny they are. I think that today people are conditioned to do "what ever it takes" to get recognition. That being said, often children, especially children, will not only copy others' actions that have been rewarded with fame, but try to "one up" those actions. So I feel these type of shows are directly effecting our children in a negative way. Not only our children , but ignorant adults who may be in hard times are probably falsly under the impression that they too can get thier ten minutes of fame out of stunts like these. It is a shame that hard work and determination is no longer looked at as an asset and vurtue but often as a deterant to a more " forward thinking " and a "successful" person would more likely have people under them doing that hard work. a shame.
@Debs_place (10525)
Very well said! Thank you!