does the Housing Market affect you In Your Area??

@lpetges (3036)
I keep hearing the news media saying how bad it is in this country (USA), and where we live, it seems that there is still very many houses being built, and in the paper a huge section of homes being bought and sold.. so why is the media so negative all the time??
@mamashane (1140)
I don't think the media is being negative at all. In my area, selling your home is very difficult as people are moving out of our state because our state is losing jobs like crazy. People are moving away because they can't find work here. Fortunatly that is not the case for our family and we just bought our second home for about $30,000 below the appraised value. The seller needed to sell it quickly and with this market he had to lower the price. It's sad but true.
@lpetges (3036)
really? wow-well we live between milwaukee and chicago, and it seems to have slowed, but its still growing and the money people have to spend-where are they making it? crazy/