Easter & KIds

Easter Eggs - Pretty Colors
@webeishere (36353)
Some of my Easter traditions with my kids were fun, hilarious and semi disastrous. When they were between about 7 and 12 we would visit my parents up north. There’s a small town called Moose Lake. They had a huge Easter family picnic deal every year. It was sponsored by the Moose Lodge. Usually a couple weeks after Easter. I always arranged the Scavenger Hunt. My kids loved it. I would do 2 in one day. One for the littler kids & one for teens etc. I loved doing it as did my children. Now as far as Easter baskets. No stories about my children along those lines but. I do make the grandsons baskets every year. This past year on Easter weekend they came over & got their Easter from Grandpa Bob & Grandma Deb. They ate a little bit saving room for dinner. My daughter, her BF & the grandsons were heading up to Duluth & they didn’t want to take the baskets. So I set them up on the top shelf in my office closet till they got back. About 7 months later I looked for something in the closet & found the baskets. I laughed seeing them. I grabbed them to take them down. The candy had melted all the way through the baskets making them stick to the shelf. Now I have to buy new baskets this year. I wont be leaving them here again. Let the daughter stash them somewhere & forget about them filled for a half year. What kind of traditions or mishaps have you had with your children/grandkids along the Easter ways? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!
@mfpsassy (2827)
When my hubby and I first met my girls were stll pretty little. He would them Easter (summer) dresses and shoes, put them in their baskets and leave them on their beds after they went to sleep. Now that they are older and bigger he gives them gift cards. Then it's off to grandpa and grandms's for dinner
@webeishere (36353)
Sweet. Thanks for sharing this also.
@cdparazo (5768)
Easter here in my country usually starts with a dawn procession and mass at 4 a.m. There are places here whose churches are very popular in holding grand easter celebration that dramatizes the Resurrection of Christ complete with flying angels and fireworks. People flock to the churches to hear mass and witness the Easter dramatization and celebration. Then after that we get to eat sumptous native food outside the churches. Easter for me when I was a child means, grand church celebration at dawn and lots of food. Since we go on fasting during the holy week, Easter sunday on the other had marks as the "eat all you can" time for me. We don't really get so much easter egg hunting fun here since our culture is different. It is only now that we get to have easter egg hunts but usually it's bein held at the malls. One of my most wonderful childhood memories is about easter& going to church at dawn with neighbors and friends to witness the grand procession and then experience the feeling of camaraderie and community afterwards as we sample the food outside the church. I want my children to have the same if not better memory of easter.
@webeishere (36353)
That sounds absolutely great cd. Even fireworks. Thanks for sharing. Id like to hear about the foods and all that are served in your country for easter. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@cdparazo (5768)
The native food are mostly made of sticky rice flour and there are just too many to mention. But the most popular is the 'puto bungbong' and it's being cooked inside a bamboo stalk(the small ones). Each place in our country have also different specialty and way of cooking. Imagine than 7100 islands with hundreds of towns and cities and different way of cooking.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
I love strong family ties and I think it's sad not all kids have a Grandpa Bob and Grandma Deb. I believe it is a very rewarding world having children then grandchildren. Keep up the good work you two. I'm enjoying your posts !!!
@webeishere (36353)
And I appreciate all your responses as well. Keep up the good work. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@jennybianca (12914)
When my daughter was very young, I had the traditional easter egg hunt. She was very curious about the Easter Rabbit. One year, she insisted that she heard the bunny hopping along outside her bedroom window at night. Abother year on an animal program on TV, they showed a cute (real)rabbit laying an Easter egg... Some years we go away for Easter. This year we are going camping at Port Hughes, a beautiful beach. It means I will have to take all the Easter eggs with me. And it's my daughters 14th birthday while we are there.
@webeishere (36353)
My dad used to have rabbits. One weekend I helped him kill them for food. My dauighter hated the fact I did this due to the "Easter Bunny". LOL. Thanks for your responses and thanks to all others here too. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh I have a million and one stories to tell but one of the funniest was when my older sons were about 10 & 12. We always hid plastic eggs with change in them but the boys had started memorizing all of Mom's hiding places so I decided to hide the eggs outside. One egg always had more than the others - $1 or $5. Well, they had found all the eggs but the grand prize even after spending the whole day looking. For weeks after I would catch one or both of them picking things up in the yard and I knew they were still looking for that egg. Now, one of the "punishments" I would give the boys (usually the older one) was to move the wood pile. Whether I wanted it moved or not they had to "relocate" the pile. Well, sure enough almost 10 years later I found out that the next time my oldest had to move the wood pile he found the missing egg - as he was being punished he figured I would take the prize away from him so he never admitted to finding it until he was in his 20s. I also found out that they younger of the two figured it out and blackmailed the older one into sharing the prize with him or he was going to tell me. One of the few times those two agreed on anything - keeping a secret from Mom :(
Its so cold here with snow still on the ground our easter hunts are usually inside. Cant hide a chocolate easter egg in a snow bank...lol.. But we would always head to my parents for the weekend for an easter dinner. We would hide the easter eggs around the house, under sofa cushions, behind picture frames, in cupboards etc...and the kids would have fun looking for them despite the fact that it was all inside. One year, my daughter felt she was too old to participate and asked if she could help hide all the eggs. i said sure, she could help. Well the girl hid them just about everywhere...even under the mats on the floor, good thing they were sealed in plastic eggs...for months afterward my mom would find an egg here and there. She said it was always nice to find one, even more than a year later.
@webeishere (36353)
I remember hiding eggs one year then finding them the next year hiding more. HAHAHAHA! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!