What's the immediate treatment when I get sunburnt?

@oarnamav (2708)
When I get sun burnt I think an asprin is suggested as an immediate treatment, but is it the correct way, and how does this asprin works?
@aweins (4203)
Aspirin basically will ease the pain and inflammation.you should immediately apply calamine lotion sunburn cream or a spray if you are having cool tap water a cool shower rub ice cube on your face use dusting powder you can also apply this but before applying this youhave to devote some time for preparation so in the mean time rub lot of ice or take a shower so that your temperature comes down, then start up with this it is very effective.Make a paste of cornstarch and water and apply to the the burnt area. you can also apply thin, cold slices of cucumber, potato, or apple on the burned area.it will work. all what i have written is what i do nad my personal experience . when i m personally suffering from such a problem i do either of these and i tell you they work.
@Modestah (11192)
I have never heard of using asprin, perhaps it has a good effect because of its anti- inflammatory properties? We also like to use fresh aloe. When we break off a leaf that is quite large we put the unused portion into a ziplock and freeze it. Another soothing application is Witch Hazel.
@shaz6611 (951)
I didn't realise that you could freeze it, thanks for the tip I'll remember that one for sure.
@kmdvmd (357)
Wash your burnt with cold water,sit in cool air and drink cold water,sleep and have a rest.After some time have some cold drink or icecream,then go for medicine if it is necessary.
@Mollyjo (268)
Having aloe vera plants around the house is wonderful for sunburn or any kind of burns and it is also good for dry skin as well. I use them on my sunburns to help take out the burn and to cool it as well as heal it. I did however find a great product that Avon sells called After sun and it is a spray on aloe vera spray and I used it one day on my burn and the next day I was tanned. I never tan that quick with any thing. As far as Aspirin It helps with headaches and other physical internal pain, I don't think it would be good for sunburns. You can also use vingar it will help soothe and take the sting out of the burn. It will smell bad but vinagar is good for keeping bacteria growth down and does help with sun burn.
@vertex (803)
Well i dont know but i can say that you must use sun block to prevent skin burn. That the best way to avoid skin burn.
@paidreader (5151)
I use aloe vera for a sunburn. I have several potted plants around the house since it's good on most minor burns. If I'm going to be out in the sun for most of the day, I keep a bottle of the aloe vera spray handy for quick relief. It's nice and cool so it feels very soothing to the irritated skin.
@shaz6611 (951)
I'm not sure what aspirin does to help sunburn. When I or one of my children get sunburn we take a leaf from our Aloe vera plant slice it open and wipe it over our skin. It takes the heat out of sunburn very quickly.