Police and Stun Guns: 167 cases of death following stun-gun use

Police - Police Badge
The Arizona Republic, using computer searches, autopsy reports, police reports, media reports and Taser's own records, has identified 167 cases in the United States and Canada of death following a police Taser strike since September 1999. In 27 cases, medical examiners said Tasers were a cause, a contributing factor or could not be ruled out in someone's death. In 35 cases, coroners and other officials reported the stun gun was not a factor. You can read more here: http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special43/articles/1224taserlist24-ON.html What do you think of police using stun guns? Do you think they reach for them too soon? Do you think it is a fair tool for law enforcement? I think that the police are out there risking their lives to keep us and our families safe. Therefore, I think that if someone is resisting them they should have every right to use a taser on them.
@winterose (39917)
If a tazer does not hurt them physically then I see nothing wrong with it but if a tazer can kill someone and it is used just to stop somebody from running away then that is a serious offense even for a police officer who should know better.