Are you pre-destined into becoming your parents?

Some people are pre-destined into becoming their parents and they do not know it. By that I mean that if the mother was a teen parent, her daughter will be a teen mother, or if the father was a scientist, his son will be a scientist, and so on... what is your response?
@CatEyes (2449)
Well my mother had her first kid at 17 and was not married. I was married for 2 years when I had mine and I was 22. There are a lot of differences between my mother and I and then some simalarites. I do not think that you are predestined to be like you parents, you can choose and make new habits and choices on your own, the trick is knowing what you want.
I do not think that people are either, but I see it so much in people. My friend's mother had her when she was 16 and sure enough my friend had her daughter when she was 16. My grandmother had my mother at 29 and my mother had me at 34, I do not have children yet and I am 22.
@msqtech (15226)
I think this will not be true especially with good parenting by the parent. If I didnt finish college but I focus my children on that goal, they can achieve it and do different then their parent. It is also possible for children not to make the same misteaks as the parent if they are taught better by that parent. It is false to assume that children will make the same mistakes. It is possible though if the parents do things wrong that the children will learn to do them wrong. Parents that dont use a budget raise children that dont use a budget.
That is actually true. My father graduated college, and my mother only finished one semester, but I have finished almost four years of college already. My mother wants me to finish college.