Should I or shouldn't I have arterioscopy?

@Razzles (391)
I have a torn cartilage in my knee and I went for two opinions and both doctors said that I would benefit from arteriscopic surgery . Arthritis has also set into my knee as well. My mom who has rheumatoid arthritis said that she had arterioscopic surgery, and this triggered her rheumatoid arthritis. The second doctor said that besides the surgery, he was going to put me on a special diet as well, because by losing weight, this would lessen my arthritis. I had never heard of this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
@tictac714 (976)
A couple things...firstly, yeah, you should probably have the surgery to repair the knee. Second, I do not believe that rheumatoid arthritis came from a surgery. It is an autoimmune disease! Third...losing weight won't get RID of your arthritis but it will bother you less because you'll be carrying less weight around. Good luck!
@SageMother (2277)
How is this doctor figuring that weight loss will lessen your arthritis? Unless you have it in your knees only, and it isn't rheumatoid, I don't see the connection. If you have torn cartilage you should probably take the chance and have it repaired. Otherwise the inflammation it causes will create its OWN arthritic problems. I think the doctor that is trying to link your weight to your arthritis is full of it. Have the procedure and eat what you want, but be sure he does the surgery BEFORE he starts messing with your diet.