Is Winter Good For Creative Writers? What else is it good for?

@ashjoe76 (1434)
I have a friend who says that winter keeps him warm and useful. He dedicates his time on creative writing, which fetches him more money than his regular job does. Does any of you have a similar story to tell, where you make use of winter for for some exciting work at home?
@Thomas73 (1467)
If creative writing fetches more money than a regular job, and if Winter is a good season for that, I think I'll move to the Northern tip of Greenland! To be honest, I love Winter too. My favourite season, but not necessarily the most productive for me. I try to be productive all year long.
@ashjoe76 (1434)
This frind of mine happens to be really good at creative writing, which comes naturally to him. So, it fetches him a lot of money. But that may not be the case for everyone. But some people look at winter very positively, and I like to see how my friends here think of it. Thanks a lot ofr the instant response!
@cultoffury (1283)
I think winter makes me lazy and sleepy, I become more dormant, and inactive. This is my case, it depends on person to person, moreover here in our part of the world, we have equitorial climate and so we don't have very cold winters. Here winters are characterized by heavy rainfalls, muddy water and untravellable roads.
I agree that that kind of weather is good for sleeping. I think the cold makes me sleepy, too.
@Denmarkguy (1845)
Winter may be good for creative writing-- I am a writer, but I am not sure that my output in winter is much different from the rest of the year. Most of my ideas come to me while walking around outside-- so, winter or not, my creative thoughts are triggered by what I experience in the world around me. I suppose I could argue that in winter it is dark longer, so I have more time to turn those creative thoughts into actual words. For the most part, what I find to be true about winter is that I spend more time with my indoor hobbies, like collecting stamps, building miniature models, and such.
@sunita64 (6473)
Yes winters are definately better for creative persuits as heat does not bother you and you keep writing. The glaring example is that I earned more in winters and now gradually my speed of replying is decreasing.
That may be a plan for next year. I do know that now that the weather is warming up I will want to be outdoors more. I would think, though, that this would be the time for gathering ideas to use in the winter. I did join myLot in the winter, and it seems to be the most creative thing I am doing at this time. Winter is agood time for me to cook, and put things into the freezer for when I am busy in the spring and summer.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
i close down in winter and end up writing nothing. For me its spring and summer that are my most productive periods when i can get away into the hills around where i live
@raheel07 (485)
• Pakistan
Winter always inspires me. Cold nights and coffee are good. Nights are longer so you can work more on writing or photography projects.