Can you say 3 things about Romania

Romania
Have you heard about Romania, can you enumerate 3 things about a country called Romania, something which define and something to remember of?
@lonewolfnan (4367)
The first thing I think of when I hear about Romania is Nadia.The Olympics is when she brought the attention of the whole world to Romania.The next thing I thought of was how as a country their level of hockey has improved to where they are in the top 16 teams in the world.For a country ofa small size,it has shown itself well in international sports. The third thing I think of when I hear Romainia is from school where I remember looking at the map and finding it surrounded by countries that history showed as trying to take it over but the people of Romania refused to lay down for them.Romania earned my respect.
wow! i've never imagined that foreigners learn about our country in schools! well this is what i call a pleasant surprise! i have two friends who emigrated to Australia and they once told me how har it was for them at the time they arrived there to make the others understand where exactly they come from... it was a really awkward moment for them, believe me... so thaks for letting us know there are still people who can say good things about Romania...
nice words about romania. and good point contulet2007, it is true that there are some people who never heard about a country not big like Romania, but they are not very comun with Europe.
@Modestah (11195)
Romania, The language is a Romance language. A beautiful Country with lovely and faithful people who were persecuted horribly under Bolshevist and communist agendas. Now, impoverished. When I think of Romania I think of Cardinal Mindszenty and his long suffering. I think of a rich and colorful culture.
@Modestah (11195)
Oh yes, I also think of poor Rasputin and the bad and undeserved reputation he received. I think what has happened to Romania can well happen to us in my country, and I hope to have the strength to bear it.
@Lindalinda (4116)
1. Romanians are not a slavic people, albeit surounded by slavic countries. The Romanians are descendents from Roman soldiers who were settled there. The language is similar to Latin and Italian. 2.Vlad the terrible (Count Dracula) had a castle in Trasylvania and impaled his enemies on stakes. 3. Romania was governed by a terrible tyrant after the second war. He lived in unbelievable luxury, while the population lived in abject poverty and suffered from lack of heat and electricity. When he was overthrown he and his wife were killed. Hopefully life is better these days.
1.i have never visited this beautiful country 2.they have good gymnasts. 3.the people r really friendly.thats what my friend says...