Amount of tv your children watch...

@tamm820 (464)
Do you monitor the amount of time your children watch tv in a week? If so, how much is acceptable. My 2 year old is allowed 20 hrs a week.
not too much as she is always online,in her books,or on didney channel. She is also outside riding her bike alot as well. I do have her off the tv watching by 9. It helps for bed time.
@tamm820 (464)
Thanks for the input! Its great she does other things besides watch tv!
yes I like hr off her bottom. she is very active, and I love it. There are just to much over weight kids.
@tamm820 (464)
oh, I agree with that! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who sees that as a problem anymore.
my girls in school get about 3 hours a day, but my 2 year old at home watches a lot. loves it. Probably too much, but I try to find educational stuff too. Also plays through out the day.
@tamm820 (464)
thanks for the response!
the 2 year old can learn alot with some of the programs. I happen to love dora the exploer. I am a big kid,don't mind me.
My 8 year old is allowed 5 hours a week, and she has to earn it. She starts her week with 5 hours worth of tokens and then she loses and earns tokens based on her behavior.
@tamm820 (464)
I love it! That is a wonderful program. I definiately might be adapting that one, in the years to come. Thanks for such a great idea!