Are you a left or right handed person?

Malaysia
Some say that left handed persons are much more intelligent. I hate to agree because I am right handed. What then about those who are able to write with both hands? Would these people be super intelligent? Which are you - left or right handed or both?
I do not think intelligents has anything to do with rather you are right or left handed. I have known a few lefties and they did not seem any more intelligent than a righty. I am right handed and I believe intelligents is based on many factors but which hand is dominant is not one of them.
I hope not too because I am so used to using my right hand that I seldom practise with my left. Anyway, with more people responding, I think my deduction that there are more right handed persons than left will be correct.
@aliasad (1567)
• Pakistan
I am a right handed person. I have also heard that left handed are more intelligent than the right handed. Ammmm ... I would not agree. I know some of my friends who are left handed. I am not so intelligent but I can compare them with me as well. They are not so good. No exaggeration at all. Well the persons having both hands in work... may be confusing while starting a new task. On the other side, they can enjoy both hands by giving rest to one making other in work. Hahahah
Good comment, my friend. I think we right handers are as good as the left handers. I do wish I can use both hands to write. This would be a good achievement to me. How much more when I am now a full time netpreneur.
@stacyv81 (5904)
I am right handed, I have heard that left handed people have more accidents than right handed people because most things are made with right handed people in mind, I thought that was interesting.
@elisata (569)
• Netherlands
whether they have more accidents in general, I don't know, but the truth is that all the things that are solely fr right handed people are very unpractical for us, the lefties... I boycott them. I only buy stuff that can be used by both hands, like the electricity wire of an iron that is in the middle... In the seventies of las century (geez, that sounds like a history lesson) there was this shop in London for lefthanded people. Their motto was: "You have a right to be left handed". I loved that. a friend of mine went to visit London, bumped into that store and came home with all kind of goodies for me: a pair of scissors, a bread knife, a left handed fountain pen (see my post above) and all those nice little things right handed people don't even think of they exist!
@the_vicar (1478)
I am left handed and it has been a pain in the ---. Everything is made for right handed people. I have read that 2500 people die each year because they are left handed trying to use mahinery and tools designed for right handed people. I wouldn't recommend trying to change a child's hand orientation, but the schools need to have desks and other equipment meant for left handed kids.
I am a left handed person. Sometime when i was in grade two, my teacher always spank my left hand (when i wrote with it) with a stick so i learnt to write with my right hand. But when i go to grade 3, my teacher then respects what we believe and what we do, so she didnt question me being left handed. until now, i am still left handed. Well, maybe it is true that being left handed are intelligent coz i didnt see or know yet any left handed person who are dumb.
@wildhorse (1293)
• Egypt
I'm right handed, I don't think that left-handed are more intelligent but actually more clever as they have to deal with things from the wrong side most of the time, their brain works more to get around obsticles :) I never met anyone using their both hands equally, some left-handed claim both hands are equal but with hard tasks they always use the left hand not the right..
@carlysle (271)
same here.. i just think they are more artistic and view things differently from a right hander.. right handed people are more logical.. but i use my left hand while i brush my teeth... hehehe.. :)
well i am a write hander i and dont belive in any such thing and there is nothing to do with being intelegent and being any particular handed
@ratburn (939)
i am a right handed person. but when i was in first grade, i injured my right wrist so for 2 months i used my left hand to write. it was so cool because my handwriting at that time was pretty good. considering i just learned using my left hand then and there. after the injury healed i wrote with right hand again. so now i can write with both hands. i don't do it all the time. i just write with my left hand when i am bored and need a change. it's not as good as the right anymore. so does it mean i am a genius? haha. lol.
I am right handed. I tried when I was younger to accomplish using both hands in succession with eachother because I thought it would be cool to be ambidextress but I never did accomplish that fact.
@raijin (10373)
You are right on that, intelligent is not based on what hand we prefer to use and that it's not a sign of dominance on any part of our brain. I'm mostly a right-handed person, I right using my right hand, using a spoon, and writing. But I have a use of my left hand, when playing basketball and for punching. My left hand is more dominant than my right, and I don't think there's a connection with our brain. I guess I am an ambidextrous person, for I can make use both of my hands in different ways. Maybe I am an eccentric person then?!;) LoL
@yanjiaren (9050)
I was born left handed but also learnt to write with my write hand when I was about ten years old..just wanted to do it as a challenge and it worked..Goodness know where my intelligence went lol...I would love to be intelligent..my brain is quite empty lol..
@beaniegdi (1966)
I am right handed but you are right that there are some links between genius and left handedness. It is quite complex and has to do with the side of the brain that is dominant. One instance is this, people with dyslexia have to have high IQ to be diagnosed dyslexic and you have a higher chance of being dyslexic if there are left handed people in the family.
@jencai (3415)
hi! i'm one of the right handed person here.. right handed persons are more intelligent than those who are left handed?? i beg to disagree, there might be possibilities, but it's not applicable to everyone. you know, you had a sense of humor... lol!
i am both,actually, i am good at my right hand because i always use that. But last christmas vacation, i learned to use my left hand in writing, and i discover that my handwriting on my left is much more beautiful than of the right. when my right hand is tired, i used my left hand. and i find it comfortable.
@elisata (569)
• Netherlands
I am a TOTALLY left person: left handed, left legged, left in politics,, left in society, totally, totally left! and yes... I am very intelligent as well ;-) Most of the times you see people who are left handed write in a very strange way, sort of upside down, in order not to smudge their written words... I don't do that. I just write normally, and never smudge. Mnd you, when I write a postcard or a letter, I even use a fountain pen (people who really love writing also loooove a fountain pen). I use my spoon with my lft hand, of course. So I very early learned to eat and drink with my elbows sticked yo my body. Still comes in handy in crowded places... there is always room for me at the bar, ha ha!!