Showering for health?

@whyaskq (7532)
Singapore
I was having my shower when I recall ever reading that alternating 3 minutes of hot water shower follow by 1 minute of cold water shower will improve one's health. Is it immunity? Blood Circulation? Or what? I don't remember. I decided to try it nevertheless. I am having a flu. I want to improve my immunity. After a few religious repetitions alternating 3 hot 1 cold under running water, I suddenly gave a cold laugh. Why am I doing such silly things? Does it really helps improve health? Do you shower with hot or cold water? Or do you alternate between hot and cold shower? Will you try out any hot or cold shower therapies recommended to improve your health?
I've heard the same and tried it a few times myself. It's supposed to keep you healthy. ;-) But hey, I only try it when I am courageous enough. Cold water is no joke at all lol. :P I remember once when I was at a sauna session. There was this guy (stranger) in the same room as me and after he left the steam room, he went into the tub of warm water first (as per the supposed order), and when he went into the cold water, he shouted so loud that I was worried about the roof falling (well, minor exaggeration here :p). Anyway, I just do it once with warm water, then hold my breath, and bathe myself with cold water when I want to try this interesting therapy. I wouldn't try it if I am sick though - I don't want to get sicker. :P
@whyaskq (7532)
Personally, I find it more shiok to shower with cold water, not freezing cold, of course. Try it. LOL.
No way! You ??! :P
@charms88 (7545)
Heyyy...I know that chinese word.
@charms88 (7545)
When I'm taking a shower, my water is always lukewarm. I onced went to water spa and tried the hot and cold therapy. The attendant there let me soaked in 3 different pools with herbs in it. Afterwards, I went to the sauna room for 5 mins. only. I can't stand the heat there. I was asked to dip in the ultra cold water. I just let one of my toe touched the water and I gave up right away. I do not want to end up looking like an ice cube. I noticed that a lot of elderlies are going there. They said it is good for blood circulation, losing weight and invirogate their senses. If I turn 50, I might brave myself and jump into the cold water. But right now, nooo wayyy...
@whyaskq (7532)
Grrr... Looks like I need to get a bathtub at home now. LOL.
@Patswords (189)
I personally want nice hot showers most of the time and luke warm on hot days. I just can't take a cold shower. However, the experts say you should take cold showers in the winter because it keeps your pors closed and hot showers in the summer because it opens up your pores. I have also heard it said that if you do take a hot shower in the winter that you should finish it with a cold rinse to close your poors. As for alternating hot and cold I have never heard of this. so, therefore I have no idea what the therapy is meant to achive. But, it's not one I would do. Can't take the cols.
@whyaskq (7532)
Thanks for giving me one excuse to be silly enough to try it out again :P
Hot water does help with blood circulation. I prefer to take showers in water so warm that when I get out I am freezing cold. I couldn't take a cold shower even on warm days
@whyaskq (7532)
I found out hot shower helps increase metabolic rate too. Freezing cold? Is it necessary after the hot shower?