I can't sleep before a travelling

sleeping child - how I wish I could sleep like a child so that I would fell fresh to travel a long distance
@shakeroo (3991)
Malaysia
Whenever I have to travel outstation, I would always find it difficult to sleep. Sometimes, I could only sleep for a couple of hours before waking up to look at the time. Even though the trip is for business purposes and no fun factors involved, I would still be unable to sleep properly. As a result, I would be having problems driving. I would be dozing off behind the steering and that is really bad. Any tips to share?
@naty1941 (2336)
I sleep well if it is a driving trip; however, in an airplane it is different. I only sleep for a few hours because flying makes me nervous.
@shakeroo (3991)
I would not sleep if I am driving... obviously...
@naty1941 (2336)
Thank you for best response.
@VotreAmie (3037)
Same here, I always have trouble to sleep before travelling. I don't know if it's the best thing to do but my solution is to take a sleeping pill the night before. That's the only solution I use. Thank you for starting this discussion. We will see if somebody has a good tip to give us.
@shakeroo (3991)
Thanks for the comments. However, I will not go for the sleeping pills though. I might not wake up for the whole day if I were to do that.
@minty3 (592)
• Nigeria
Its a matter of relaxing your mind the night before. try to put the trip off your mind. Give up any anxiety and worry about the trip. Get yourself to sleep.
@shakeroo (3991)
Thanks for the advice. I will make sure that I have enough rest.
I am the same way. I worried I may over sleep and miss the plane
@shakeroo (3991)
ha ha... I have that same fear sometimes.