Do you allow your children to watch TV? If so, what are their favorite shows?

@ragmama (536)
My daughter is allowed to watch one show each day - just after her nap, while she has a snack. She usually asks for Angelina Ballerina or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (we keep them Tivo'ed), but I do push for Sesame Street as often as possible. :)
@byfaithonly (10716)
Yes, my son does watch television but he is 15 and I know he does like me most of the time - has the tv on but hardly watches it. This was both rare and funny the other night I was in my bedroom watching tv and he was in the livingroom watching tv. I went to the other room for something and asked what he was watching. He was actually watching the same movie I was - we never do that, our tastes run so different these days.
@magikrose (5423)
My kids are really only allowed to watch certain channels and the one they watch the most is The Disney channel. With the Disney channel I dont have to worry about the programs being inappropriate for my kids it is always educational no matter how you look at it. The only other channel I will let them watch is Noggin which combines Nick JR and some other educational programs. Weekends they get to watch a few cartoons on the lower channels like Bratz, Winx, and every now and then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Mind you I have 3 girls and they like all those shows.
Man we are such a TV oriented family, that as soon as we walk into the house the TV is turned on. Mostly for the sound half the time we are not even watching it. But my younger grand children that I babysit like to watch Noggin, and I do not mind so much as the programing is wonderful and educational. Don't get me wrong the TV is not the babysitter, we do so many other activities during the day. And to tell you the truth I love the songs and cartoons as much as they.