How long is too long making no sales? would you close the store

Ok I was wondering about closing down a website. Now it has got sales on it. However after Christmas it has been dry. Surfing for traffic has not worked. paying for clicks has not worked. Mailing out free catalog,postcards etc has not worked. How long is too long to pay $25.00 a month and having no sales. I was thinking of using another free web site to just transfer it over. Keeping my domain name of course. I was also thinking I should just keep trying. I just feel after the first 6 months of no sales. Then for a 2 month pick up and now dry again. I have a big need for a bit of help. Thanks
Have you tried to find out why your site is not making money? Is it the lack of traffic? Or is your goods not displayed attractively enough? Etc. How much loss are you willing to take? Say if you don't mind taking a $250 loss, then you can of course wait 10 months without business.
It is the traffic. I have been getting sales around the holidays. Nothing to cover the money already lost. I just don't know if I should spend more money. I have unlimited amount of space I plan to use it. I am with siterightnow.com I am just not able to continue to lose this money. I just don't want to waste the money I have on all these business cards,post cards etc. If something can be done to get better traffic. Thanks
@clarkebar (130)
I think that will have to be a personal decision. It is tough to keep spending money on something that is not paying out. You don't want to close shop too early, if there is still a chance, but you also don't want to hold on for too long. I have no answer for you, but I do wish you the best at what has to be a tough time !
Thanks very much.