allergy

@bgerig (1259)
What drugs are you given instead of penicillin if you are allergic to that drug?
@gberlin (3836)
I know that my kids used to take amoxycillin as an antibiotic. I just took an antibiotic for an ear infection but I don't remember the name. I am not allergic to penicillin but it seems like doctors are using alternatives to pencillin because some people are allergic to it.
@cassidy22 (2975)
Amoxycillin and variations of it are the most common replacement for penicillin. Penicillin has an AWFUL taste to it, and I haven't had the same experience with amoxycillin. But there are plenty of options for those who are allergic.
@budsr03 (2355)
My brother has this allergy so he is given sulpher pills. I can't be 100% sure on this though. You could check on a health help line. Take care Bgerig.
@bgerig (1259)
thanks for the tips.
@bjone6 (348)
Zyban is an anti-allergen. It has some nasty side affects though. Penicillin doesn't help with allergies, it just cures the symptoms. Zyban is supposed to take away the allergies (while you are taking medication.)
@TerryZ (22083)
Im not allergic to penicillin but I know people that are they take ampicillin or amoxpicillin. Im sure there of other ones out there.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
codiene is usally the second choice or ampicellin. I am allergic to codiene myself.
@venshida (4837)
I think codine not sure though.
@dfinster (3535)
You could be given erythromyacin or Zithromax or Augmentin there's whole whole broad range of antibiotics that perople have the option of using if they're allergic to penicillin.
That is the doctor's call dear. It depends on what the problem is. There are lots of anti biotics that he can receommend.