Has anyone ever done Jury Service?

@jan135 (537)
Australia
I am interested to know what you think about jury service if you have served on a jury or if not, do you think you would enjoy it. I have served on a jury a few years ago. I didn't want to do it, but I had no choice. I must admit I really enjoyed the experience and was glad I was choosen to serve on a jury. What are your experiences and thoughts on this?
@kathy77 (7488)
Yes I have received a letter to go and do jury service I quite enjoyed it and wwould not hesitate to do it again, I was living in the country at the time. Quite a lot of people knew me there but it was fun and I really enjoyed it a lot and it was an experience that I thought that I would never experience in my life.
No, I did get selected when I was about 2 weeks from my due date with my daughter so I called up to remove myself from jury duty. I would have liked to go and participate. My husband's cousin is a stenographer and she loves it! She gets to hear some pretty wild stuff. She can't tell us the details just that some of the cases are really amazing so to speak.
Periodically I get a notice that I am in the pool for jury duty, but often I am not selected. My first time to have to do jury service was a domestic abuse case, and I did everything I could to make sure i was rejected, but I was chosen to serve anyway. I served one other time locally. My husband has even had duty on the federal circuit.
@mari61960 (4895)
Well I've been called in for jury duty twice so far. I have yet to be picked though..lol I did get picked once but the other lawyer rejected me..oh well.. I do think it would be kind of exciting...maybe. With my luck I'de get stuck on some weird case and have to be secluded for months or something...wouldn't that be strange. Gee now that I think about it..hmm might be kind of neat...lol
@kgwat70 (13396)
I have done jury duty in the past and the one time I got selected to be on the jury, I had to be dismissed by the judge because I was feeling very ill. I ended up missing the whole week of work. It is interesting but I prefer not doing it as I can not stay still for a long period of time. I usually fall asleep if I do not move around a bit. I do not think they should force people to do it as it should be an option to the public.
@disvachic (10121)
I havent served yet but i did recieve a paper in'06 to fill out and they said i would be called this year to serve.