Will you give up something for your partners?

Malaysia
Will you?Will you give up smoking or anything for the one you love?How far will you go?
@paulific (189)
at first view of giving up for a partner, i'd be willing... but looking forward, i see it would become a vicious cycle... well, i agree, the idea or perhaps the feeling of sacrificing for love's sake (for the part of the one giving up) or the same for the one doing the giving up thing for us - is a very wonderful experience... but, i think, it defeats the true essence of being partners - understanding (in the deepest sense) and true acceptance. you see, it's a good thing to give up something for someone you love, but i have realized, it's so selfish... im giving up something or i would be willing to go far... for the love or for loving... well, i know, it worked for some... it won't work for others...if it would, i don't know, i just don't agree, love should be that way... but ideally, i would go as far as i could... (wanted to discuss more about this... have to finish something still, next time around... nice topic!!!)
Yeah.It depends on who and what situation they're really in. Compromise..i think is the good thing. People always have reasons for the desicion they make.:):)
Yes I give up anything for my partner, as we have to live with each other it is very necessary to take up other's opinion seriously. My partner loves me a lot. He too give up smoking just for me, so why can't me. In a relationship success depends on the secrifice you made.
You're lucky!! :) Not all the peoples who are in love will give up smoking just for their partner... but you're the lucky one.. :)
@tatzkie (644)
i think thatz part of loving. sacrifice is always there when you love a person. one must give in so that resolution may come and happiness achieved.
Agree with you.Sometimes good thing only come once in a lifetime... why not sacrifice something when it will bring better thing in our life..
Neither my partner nor myself will ask the other to give up anything for the other. If it comes to a compromise (one of us moving because of the other's job) we will discuss it first and make sure we agree on it.
thank you.