banning others from answering a post?

do you think it is right to put a posting on here and say it is for only some of the people snd the others are not to respond??A person recently posted a muslom diatribe and clarly stated non muslims shouls not reply !when did My Lot become a Muslim forum?? I always assumed it was an open forum if the just want to preach thier doctrine there are places to do so just as i go to Christian forums when that is what i want .No posting on here should be closed to anyone no matter who they are ,How many agree with me?
myLot is an open forum where members can choose to reply and participate or to ignore. Discussions should not exclude any group of people or be specifically only for one group. I did see a discussion once where the poster was calling on Christians to pray for her son, and I would expect that in such a case, only Christians would reply. I was surprised to see posts like "I don't pray to myths" etc including long responses saying the same thing. I think in that case, the mother had a right to address Christians, and those who responded negatively should have ignored the post, out of respect to the mother and her distress. Apart from such obvious cases, I think all discussions should be (and are by myLot rules) open to everyone. Most of us will choose discussions which interest us.
my dear it is not good ,if any person said that the respond of this this discussion is only for few peoples,because in mylot.com we are joined to earn money means this is a professional site for professional working ,so in this we cannot uses religion and caste and privacy .
yes you are right... its open to everybody no matter what race,religion or beliefs...
@lillake (1634)
That person has a history of arguing and twisting things to make him(or her)self sound right even when they are wrong. I say them them have their private conversations all they want.
allah cant forgive me i dont believe i hIm!BTW what is the difference between anti islam and anti muslim??/I see none !
@MrNiceGuy (4147)
There are clearly posts about all religions, good and bad, so there really is no basis for you to want to ban "anti" Islamic speech. Guess what? Its against the rules, its typical Muslim rhetoric and attitude, its a terrible way to debate, and its exemplary of Islam's censorship or criticism...
nice guy you and i are in agreement i have nothing against muslim people in fact believe it or not i have some muslim aquainances what i do not like is having it thrust down my throught on a n open site I do not preach my faith here and since i am an ordained minister i could do so but this forun is neither the place to do that or for anyone else to do it there sre places on line where both the muslims and myself can do it not here !
@weemam (13377)
I have noticed this too , and i think it it a shame because if I see this kind of thing I just pass it by , and this person has lost a response xx
I guess im just the opposite i am a confontational person and if they tell me i am not welcome i will go anyway and prove my rights to be there !But I appreciate your views
@suspenseful (40316)
Anyone can post and it does no good to say only people of a certain religion could post. If a Muslim wants only Muslims to reply, she or he should join a Muslim only forum.
amen to that!
When you are right, you are right, and you are right. It is the closed minded people who do not want to consider other points of view that make mylot not as excellant of a forum as it could be. So, you keep up the good work and we will all keep an eye out for threads such as you mentioned. Then we can post on them!
@bicklelady (1411)
YOU GO GIRL!!! I agree totally. It should be up to the person that want to comment the discussion.
@Jshean20 (14367)
Mylot is clearly an open forum and everyone is welcome to participate as long as they don't "flame" other users. Perhaps this user was worried that non muslims would be some how mocking the muslims and wanted to avoid such problems from occuring in the discussion. So no, the user didn't have the right to "ban" non muslims from the discussion but maybe his/her intentions were good, who knows.
I agree with you revdauphinee, but one has his own right to put restrictions to the discussions he/she started. We have to understand it in a positive way. I think the posting that you are saying which was started by a person who restricted muslims to respond may hurt the sentimental feelings of the muslims who read that discussion. So he may be indirectly saying that it would better that muslims avoid reading the discussion. Any ways we can't predict one's feelings but here we have to agree with a point that one has his own right to put any kind of restrictions which was started by him ...and if one violates, he has no right to accuse them too...
@wildguy2 (1349)
99% of the time when I see a topic like that, I first go in and post my thoughts whether they are welcomed or not, as you say this is a free thoughts forum, so no one here is going to tell me where and where not I can post....then if I think the people are race and religion bashing, which is mostly the case with those types of posts, I rate them negatively or if they are real bad I report them.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
yeah i think you got a point in there..why try to limit to anyone?? if others will like to comment then why not...
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I agree with you, rev. When I start discussions about Paganism, I know non-Pagans will often respond. I welcome those responses, because I love to learn what others think about my religion, and maybe even give some new information. I love talking to people of all religions, and I can't imagine trying to keep certain people away from any of my discussions. I don't think it is right for someone to say that only Muslims should reply to a discussion. Mylot is a forum for everyone, not just the people you agree with.
Of course it is not ok. Mylot, especially the religion forum isn't specifically for Muslims and they are not the mylot police. They cannot tell people what they can and cannot do. Mylot, nor does the world, work that way. People can come and go freely, it's that simple.
@winterose (39918)
well it is an open forum so everyone can post to anything anyone has posted, but on the other side of the coin you are a certain religion, you want to discuss things with people of that religion, it is not that you don't want people of other religions to join in, but you know some will and they will attack you, when really they didn't need to read your post because they don't believe it but to come and attack you and your views is also not right.
it guess it's not banning...because they got no controls if anyone muslims or not would want to reply on their topics...they're just simply stating what kind of people they want to post replies on their threads...in which doesn't really matter to me...that's their references...if i would be talking about christianity, why would i ask islam people's opinions? that's very simple logic and we should not treat it like its an insult of the likes...
@dyupe_moe (225)
Prrrt! All we are saying is give peace a chance! Let us all respect what is on other people's minds. Let's be objective and listen to what they have to say. Let's not limit to only those of the same color, race or religion. We, all, are not perfect. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Aetheists, Buddhists or Pagans. We live to how our faith wants us to be. Not destroying each other's beliefs. As I've said. Let's listen to each other. Open our minds and be objective with what others have to say. That's what MyLot is all about.