What kind of discussions do you like responding to?

I oftentimes see not too many discussions that I like responding to. We have individual differences, but at least I know we wish that majority of the topics are good enough or interesting enough to reply to. I go for varied topics that are less sensational (so I don't really feel like discussing religion, etc.), require average brainwork, and would benefit many members. I was hoping that this discussion would also help others in composing their discussions. So, what type of discussions or topics that you feel like responding to?
@Pluntt (232)
• United Arab Emirates
I like discussions that may relate to my fields of knowledge such as technology. Discussions about mylot are always good because i including others can always relate to them because we are on here. Besides that i just respond to discussions which i either see have not been answered a million times (that way my response is more valiable to the person asking). I also like discussions which have wierd questions. I usually dont waste my time with very generic questions like "favorite food". I dont really enjoy one word answer to questions because that just shows the person alot of time just wants to get some responses because he or she knows people like easy questions. I also look at friends discussions alot because i only have friends on here who i know actually are here not only for the money thus i know i should expect a good question. Not to mention my friends tend to read all their responses they recieve. Thus i feel like it is worth while. All in all as you can see my likings very. cheers Plunt
I also look into "discussions with no responses" because there are topics there that are worth discussing. Besides, I like to help the other members too, so that they could have a headstart (especially the newbies). You're relatively new and I'm glad that you choose quality discussions that you respond to. Best of all, you're enjoying myLot! Happy myLotting!
@easy888 (10406)
The quality of discussion is already quite high in mylot, when I am choosing the discussions to reply, firstly, i will try to find some new discussiosn from my friends, if they do not have some new topics that attract me, I will try to find their old discussions as well, or may be I will find some according to my own interests like life,relationship,health.
I have also noticed an improvement in the quality of discussions. Your choice of topics are the common ones here, so I'm quite sure you don't have a problem finding discussions to respond to. Thanks for the response!
@cdparazo (5769)
I don't feel like responding to topics that has something to do with religion and love but sometimes I just can't help myself. I respond to topics that makes sense to me and I have something to say or contribute.
I also don't respond to hard-knock religious topics (I know you know what I mean). For me, love questions are fine, as long as I know I could help the discussion. I know you post good discussions. Thanks for responding!
@MySpot (2602)
This is a great forum for everyone to find out what type of discussions people like to respond to! Way to go!!! Personally, it depends on my mood... Sometimes I'm feeling playful and will seek the 'just for fun' quizzes or even look for a cool one to start myself. This mood also draws me to riddles and it can be a real challenge searching for an unanswered one! The easiest ones are the ones asking for my opinion. Who doesn't have one? If I'm up for a real challenge... I find the hardest ones to answer are the discussions about a topic I'm not familiar with, so I will research my answer first and try to give an educated guess. It can be difficult to respond to an advice one too because I genuinely want to help the person out. Both of these are my favorite though because I have the opportunity to learn something new and love helping others.
You're right, apart from individual interests, we also have our moods. I also have days when I like responding to trivial questions because I want to have fun. I applaud you for responding to difficult topics by researching first. You truly want to help and you give serious advice. That means that you also want to be helped by others here. You're a valuable member of the community and I hope most of the members are like you.
Every day life ones. I will not reply to money making deals.
I don't like money-making deals, either. Apart from discussions, I'm also getting private messages from myLot members about these things! Oh, well..that's one of the things that had to come with being a member of a virtual community. You're right, it's nice to respond to practical discussions because it's more of an advise forum that can actually help, or can be a source of idea or a gaining of knowledge from other people's experiences.
@jnetkris (213)
i like or even love to respond to something i can relate & have really something to share with. But mostly i love discssions about love, life, and god *not really religion*. For that's the sole reason why im here on earth hehe Im in medical field too. Im a PT but havent tried responding on medical aspects yet hehe.. im new to this one though =) by the way thanks for the comment in one of my discussions. appreciated it so much
No problem. I like responding to discussions as well. The more varied the topics, the better they are actually. Happy myLotting!