What just stops you in your tracks?

I hate to see a child being yelled at in the stores.
I once saw a woman getting beat up in the mall. I went back into the store I was working at and called security. No one even tried to stop them, and I felt that if anyone should have tried it should have been a man. The guy was HUGE, and she was tiny. I was so shocked that it took me a minute to even move. When security got there, they were gone. And no one even tried to help. That alone stops me in my tracks.
Oh, I feel so sorry for littel children whose parents yell at them. If they do this in public what must they be like at home. My husband once approached a person who slapped her child in the face and told her it was wrong to do that to the child, but she just yelled abuse at him and told him to mind his own business. I can't understand why these people have children if they haven't got the patience to rear them. It really annoys me.
@Modestah (11195)
I really hate it when someone expectorates on the public walk way - ugh, makes me want to toss my cookies, then I think of the disease and filth they may be spreading. gross gross gross, especially if they preface their spitting with that krrrrrr sound, bringing up from their lungs. Then I hate hearing fowl language in public places, especially from men in uniforms.
Oh Me too. That happened to me on Thursday. I was just going to thank a yourng man for being service to our county. he was wearing a Army uniform, and when I approched him he spit on the ground. I looked at him and said never mind!!
@gapeach65 (805)
Seeing children being yelled at or being belittled in public is the worst thing in the world. One day several years ago, I was in a walmart with my own children (who were young at the time)and this older man (maybe the granddad)was yelling at this child for no obvious reason, grabbing him by the arm and jerking him around, like I said, for no obvious reason. The boy was standing still and looked so scared. After the third time I saw the same person doing that, I quietly walked over and said, "you need to stop treating that child that way". He looked at me with this evil look and grinded his teeth and told me to mind my own business. (I had never confronted anyone in public before, but I was not going to tolerate that). I told him, not to talk to me that way and that if he didn't stop yelling at the child and jerking him around, I'd call the police. Another woman saw the confrontation and told him that other people had seen what was going on also, he calmed down after that. I still felt sorry for that child, but I didn't know what else to do but pray for him and the man.
@fpd1955 (2075)
I hope your prayers worked gapeach. If the old man treated that child like that in public, it is so very scary to think how the child gets treated in private.
@charms88 (7546)
Your thread is very timely in the state I'm in now. I hate to continue caring and supporting undeserve friends. They are not worth it.
Something nice in a store display window.. when I see someone I know walking down the sreet.. when I suddenly remember something and I would have to go back to where I came from.. a cute puppy or dog.. someone calling my name..
@fpd1955 (2075)
Granted, seeing a child or an animal being abused in any way grabs my attention. Sometimes I will even stick my nose into the situation. But, on the lighter side...I always have to pull the car over or stop walking when I see a rainbow. I don't see them often enough, so when I do I like to stop and look at them for as long as I can. Sometimes I will try to get to the other end, but have never been successful in this endeavor. But the chase is still enjoyable.
@Makoy1983 (1086)
little street children and old people who really deserve our help. i dont give cash/money, i give food
1)Seeing old people that hardly walks and their companions isnt helping them 2) Seeing old people who have to stay at home wandering around selling somethings 3) Seeing beggars in the street especially if they are too old or too young
@cassidy22 (2975)
I don't like to see anyone or any animal getting hit. I really can't handle violence at all. And to be honest... little girls dressed up in make-up and sexy clothes really makes me upset too. I wish kids could be kids, and not want to show off a body that dont even have. Its really sad to me. And it makes me wonder what their parents are thinking.
Children sorting garbage for food. It just feels not right for this kids to be doing this so. They should be in school not in the streets. It really stops my world sometimes
I don't like when people raise their voice in public, having an argument or discussing personal things that shouldnt be talked about in public. Most of the time I will stop and blantantly stare at them until they stop or take it some where else. Sometimes I will comment loudly about it. Its rude and inconsiderate.
@ragmama (536)
I hate that too - but just as much, I hate to see children running wild in a store and a parent not doing anything about it. (I've even seen one parent egging it on.)
@Shaun72 (15970)
• Palatka, Florida
when a child is being talked down to in a stores or spanked.
I hate seeing a child yelling in a store. lol
@wildhorse (1293)
• Egypt
yes it's a terrible thing, i hate crulity to childrens and parents who do so are messing up their kids lives forever and they don't seem to care, sometimes i feel that some people should never be allowed to have kids as they can never be good parents.