Do you pick at your nails?

Am I the only one who does this? I have my nails done right now, and I really don't care how I look...But I will pick and pick and pick at my nails...whether I have fake ones on or not! I do it when I'm nervous and bored. Am I the only one who does this??? Do I have some kind of dis-order or something? lol
We all have our habits. Picking your nails is mild to some of the things I have seen some people doing. I'll not go into detail here as my dinner is almost ready. I chew gum and my wife hates it. Not alone that, but I am so fond of the gum that when I discard it, I will try to chew my own gums and this drives my wife crazy...lol.
@missyd79 (3438)
no you are not the only one. if i have my nails done with the fake akrilic nails i will pick at them and the nail people yell at me when i go back to get them refilled. and then if i do not have my nails done and i just paint them on my own i will just pick at the paint until it is all gone.
I don't pick the polish off, I pick the whole nail off!!! lol I don't know what's wrong with me...Maybe I need to seek therapy...ha
@missyd79 (3438)
if i have fake ones on then yes i do pick of the whole nail or bite it off. maybe i need therapy too..hehe
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol Sreph a lot of People do that I don't as I like my Naiols lol but what I will do when I am nervous or upset is pick of the Nailvanish lol
Gabs~ Have you been drinking with all those typos? lol, just kiddin'...."nailvanish" ha ha ha ;-)
@stephcjh (32327)
I don't think you have any kind of disorder LOL. you sound exactly like me. I chew and bit and pick at my nails all the time when I am nervous. I have never had fake nails but I guarantee I would do the same thing to those too. i have tried to let my nails grow out but they always chip and break off. I get bored or nervous and start picking at them or chewing on the until I have no nail left to chew on LOL. You are not the only one who does this. I'm sure there are many more of us out there that do the very same thing.
Yep! That's what I do!!! I get the fake ones to keep from chewing on my real ones, but then I pick and pick at them too...I just can't win..lol...thanks for the response! Have a great day!
@sunita64 (6473)
This is not a disorder but a habit not checked when you was small, some say that it is the deficiency of calcium which makes one person do this picking or nails , try some calcium supplement and see if there is any difference in your nail picking habit.
I will have to try that! I've never heard that before but it's worth a shot! Thanks, Have a great day!
I can't pick my nails as I have to keep them short for my music. I think it is just a habit that you should try to get out of - just like giving up the ciggies...lol. I have a habit of running my hands through my hair when I am bored and I wish I could stop it because it messes up my hair.
I do it, too. I have to say that when my nails are done, I don't do it as much, but I still do it. I would think that maybe yours is made worse because you are trying to stop smoking. I know my mom bit her nails a lot when she stopped smoking since she wanted that feeling of something in her mouth and her hands busy.