How to deal with tailgaters on the road?

Brisbane, Australia
@natalie1981 (2000)
Teach them a lesson..If you don't care about about the damage, buckle in tightly and slam on your breaks! = Or if when you come to a heavy traffic, pretend you have a car malfunction and don't move. He would have a hard time maneuvering around your car if he's that close. ;)
@brokentia (10396)
I like the pretending a car malfunction. But then you are at risk of being hit also because if someone else is not paying attention, the person behind you could be hit and slamming that person into you. I am not fond of car accidents...they can get pretty ugly.
Move out of their way first chance I get and then keep my face looking forward....To many deaths due to road rage gives me great incentive to do this
@brokentia (10396)
I follow the speed limits and road rules with a smile. LOL It seems to really irritate a person when I follow all the rules when they are tailgating. LOL But this way, if I am hit by the person, that person is completely in the wrong. Also, I have seen my partner get really upset and hit the brakes often...I do not like this because the person could hit you. And then my partner will express that is the idea. But hey! I don't want to be hit! That is stupid! Why would I purposely want someone to hit me and put my car in the shop to cause another whole set of problems? Nope...I would rather do it my way.