Family Reunions--How often do you have them in your family?

Family Reunion - We have a family reunion once a year in July
@mzbubblie (3840)
On my dad's side of the family, we have them once a year, normally in July. But, we have them in different states... This year we are having our family reunion in Memphis Tennessee. Last year it was in Indiana, the year before that it was in Atlanta, Ga. I love our family reunions, I get to see family I haven't seen in ages, and each year it grows bigger and bigger. Each year someone(s) else in the family hear about it, or through word of mouth and they come...I enjoy it every year. The way it's done each year is also different. Sometimes we have pinics, sometimes we have a nice banquet, sometimes we have it at someone house, of course it has to be a pretty nice size house. Each time someone comes up with another way to have it... Of course a family reunion is not a reunion without the infamous family T-shirts..lol...A address book with everyone name and number and who they are related to. Just so family can keep in contact with one another. It just gets even more creative every year... Do you have family reunions? If so, how often do you family have them? What are some of the fun things you do at your family reunions? Any stories you would like to share, please feel free...
@bluewings (3857)
Yes,we have a family reunion several times during the year.Mostly,it's during the festivals and it happens every year.The paternal side of our family meets up more often and the maternal side,being far off,drops in once or twice every two years.There's my mom's sister whose family is closer to our's and they come to visit us more often.While my grandma was still there,we used to meet at her place and now it is a predecided place where the reunion happens.
@mzbubblie (3840)
Oh that's very cool, I know you enjoy being around all your family. I know I do when I get with them all at one time
@aprilgrl (4460)
We have one every year. So many people and so many generations. I try to go every other year but for some reason its boring and nobody talks but they do have games going like baseball/softball/kickball
@mzbubblie (3840)
Oh that's no fun when they don't talk...Our family is known for our "talktive" ways..I know I'm a talker... Well hopefully this year it's better that the last one.. Good luck and thank you for responding
@lyndee22 (1211)
any occassion in our family whether small or big seems to be family reunion because all of us are present from the oldest to the newly born.